Part 2

The Sangonomiya Shrine of Watatsumi Island

A young man with animal ears sighed, looking at all the scrolls and texts in front of him. His expression made him look like he was in deep thought. 

A shrine maiden in blue, looking at a folding screen, turned. "General? Is everything alright?" 

"Yes, everything is alright. Except for the fact that there are so many documents to fill and send, and additionally a lot of books to study in such a short amount of time. Did her Excellency say something wrong? She may have been thinking about something else at the time...*"

"Do you need assistance? Should I send for Her Excellency?"

"Everything is fine for now. Thank you," Gorou said. 

He picked up two scrolls and put them in a nearby box. The shrine maiden left, passing a few resistance guards.

                                                                                   *********************

Outside, the sun was setting. Gorou lay on his desk, with few open scrolls and spills of ink, piles of closed scrolls and books were on the floor.

His eyes were open by only a three quarters of a centimetre (which is two fifths of an inch). He slowly got up from his chair and walked to the entrance and simply just stood there. His ear twitched in the slightest as he heard light footsteps that were none other than those of prominent combat strategist Sangonomiya Kokomi, the leader of Watatsumi Island, its resistance, and was its head shrine maiden. 

"General Gorou. You're still there," said her sweet childlike voice.

"Uh--Oh! How long has it been?!"

"...Thirty minutes or so."

"Thirty minutes, huh...Well, sorry if I was bothering you, Your Excellency. And if I wasn't talking very respectfully. " He looked at Kokomi.

"Gorou...are you sure everything is okay?" She noticed his tired eyes. "You should definitely go to bed now, it is late." 

"Your Excellency, you did say we had to study all this in thirty-six hours."