51

March 3rd, 2026

New Beginnings For The Birthday Boy

James Pov

"Shit, I can't believe that it's already a few days into March" Jaxon then exclaimed "two weeks from now, spring break will be here". "Yeah...but I don't think that spring break will be that fun" Jason then said, before sighing "with everything that's just happened. It's not gonna be anything to enjoy". "Wait...I just realized something" I then suddenly spoke "up to this point of our relationship. I never knew or ask about of all of your birthday's". "Oh, you're right" Elias then exclaimed "well, I'll go first. I was born July 26th". "Ooo, so far yet your getting closer" I then said, before turning to the others "what about all of you". "Born September 29th" Jaxon then said "and Jason here was born just a few days before, on the 22nd". "And, mines on August 17th" Axel then said. "So that makes Jaxon the oldest" I then asked, tilting my head. "Yup, and I'm proud of it" he then said, with a smug grin. The others rolled their eyes, before all of them turned to me.

"So, when's your birthday, baby" Axel then asked "so when it comes, we can celebrate it". "Um, actually..." I then paused for a moment "today, is actually my birthday". "WHAT" they all yelled in unison "ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY". "He-Yes, but it's alright. We don't have to celebrate it, since you know" I then said "the flooding, the power still being off, and all of the other things". "Nonsense, it doesn't matter what's happening" Elias then exclaimed "but seriously, why didn't you tell us". "Um, I was actually gonna tell you" I then said "but the day I was supposed to tell you, was when the storm came. So, with everything happening. I sorta forgot". "Oh, well that's understandable" Elias then said "but, we still need to do something. Well, at least to where you can enjoy it". "Yeah, it can be something...like a picnic" Jaxon then suggested "I heard it's gonna be a nice sunny day today. And I'll ask all of your parents to help out after they get back".

"So what do you say...birthday boy" Jason then said "dose that sound like a plan". "Yes, that sounds amazing" I then said "let's get to work then".

Five Hours Later

"I still can't believe that it's your birthday today" Joshua then exclaimed "sorry if this is last minute. But at least it's something". "No it's ok, it's my fault for not telling you guys sooner" I then said "but hey, I do love picnics. Plus, it's a nice cool evening today". Joshua then nodded, before going back to helping Damien out with the cooking. Damien, is doing better. He's accepted that his restaurant was destroyed. And he plans on building a new and bigger restaurant, then the one before. But he's still a bit saddened by the fact that the original restaurant was destroyed. Had and made a bunch of good memories in that restaurant. But moving on, all of us have been hard at work. The five of us working around, helping cleaning up the town and building shelters. While the dads had more work on their hands. Huxley and Damien are working down at the shelter.

Adam and Drake were both helping with searching for the missing. Kurt and Edward were both working to keep order in the town. Due to looting and rioting happening around. And Joshua and Jasper were helping the injured. All of us working so hard, so this was a well deserved break. Just a relaxing day outside, and celebrating my birthday. We were not to far from the house. There is this field next to us, with a nice view of the forest. Even though it was damaged, it still looked beautiful. Just goes to show that nature can show it's beauty in many forms. Just then, I hear Jason's voice. Sounding like he was trying to get my attention. It was behind me, so I turned around. Only to see all of them, and Jaxon holding a birthday cake. And before you knew it, they all started to sing the happy birthday song. I was shocked, how did they manage to get a birthday cake. Everything in the flooded town was destroyed.

After they sing to me, I blew out the candles of my cake. Before asking the question I had on my mind. "Where in the world did you all get a birthday cake" I then exclaimed with shock "I thought there was no store that had one". "Well, when I got a text from my son that it was your birthday. I told the shelter the same thing" Damien then explained "so we worked together to make a cake for you". "Oh my goodness, thank you so much" I then exclaimed "gosh this means so much to me. I never celebrated my birthday in years". "Re-Really" they all then exclaimed. "Yeah, my dad never lets me celebrate my birthday, ever" I then said "and this is the first time ever in a while I can celebrate it". I was so happy, for years I couldn't celebrate my birthday. So now, from here on out. This means new beginnings for me.

Six Hours Later

"Hey guys, look what I found in back of the garage" Jason then said "we still have some fireworks from New Year's Eve. You wanna set them off before we head back". "Sure, it's gonna be a great way to end the night" I then said with excitement in my voice. We all walked a safe distance away as Jason set down a firework cake down onto the grown. Before putting a lighter near the fuse. Before we eventually see it light and Jason running away towards us. As he got to us, the first couple of shots fired up into the air. Before the shells burst into these beautiful rainbow colors. I smiled at the sight. Before I then felt a hand under my chin. I was then gently turned around. To see Jaxon, slowly moving in for a kiss. I then closed the gap, as we then kissed passionately under the fireworks. Before we broke the kiss, so I could kiss the other three. It just goes to show how much they love and care for me. And how much they appreciate my love I give back.

||And I'll Never Stop Loving Them Until The Very End||

||The End||