Chapter VII

Eda walked up to Raine's house and climbed up one of the walls to a window. Inside was Raine, pacing the floors of their bedroom.
Why do I keep pushing her away!! Eda heard them say through the window, She must think I'm a terrible person!... But.. I'm doing it to keep her safe... So, it's worth it..
Eda looked sad, but also sort of upset, since she knew the whole "keeping her safe" thing was a bunch of bullshit.

Eda knocked on Raine's window and then dropped down to the ground, landing clean on her feet.
Raine looked out the window, and looked down.
"Eda??! You're not supposed to be here!! You could-" Raine was interrupted.
"I don't care! Just get down here!!" Eda whisper-yelled.
"Fine..." Raine mumbled.
They slowly climbed out of their window, but as they were climbing down the wall, they tripped and fell. Thankfully, Eda caught them before they hit the ground.
"Thanks.." Raine said, blushing as Eda set them down.
"Raine.. I have a question.. But I want you to promise me you'll answer honestly.." Eda said, looking down.

"Yeah, of- Of course! What.. What's the question?.."

Eda hesitated for a second..
"W..Why do you keep pushing me away?.." Eda slowly raised her voice, "You said it's to keep me safe, but.. From what?! What could possibly be so bad that we can't see each other because of it?! C'mon, Rainestorm, tell me!! What are you so afraid of??!!"
Raine stared behind Eda in horror, at Darius and the Coven scouts surrounding behind them...
Suddenly, Darius tied Eda and Raine up with Abomination goo (or whatever the fuck), and Coven scouts held them down.
"Hey, what the hell?!" Eda yelled, trying to fight through the scout and the rope of Abomination goo.
"Ah, Raine Whispers.. Aren't you the one witch who's teaching for the Bard coven?... And Edalyn Clawthorne, the infamous 'Owl Lady..' Fancy seeing you two in the same spot..." Darius walked over to Eda and transformed into an abomination, "Say, you haven't joined a Coven, have you?... Doesn't that make you wild?... You do know what happens to wild witches, right?..."
Darius snapped his fingers, and Eda warped into a cell in the conformatorium.
"And same for you, songbird... You know what happens when someone like you is with someone like her..." Darius snapped again. and Raine warped to the same cell as Eda...

"Raine?!.. Raine, oh my Titan, no! Not you, too!" Eda came closer to hug them, but Raine slapped her hands away, making Eda step back.

Raine fell to their knees, "See?! This is why I kept pushing you away!! THIS is what I was keeping you safe from!!! You didn't wanna listen, and you got us both in major trouble!.. I can't believe this, Eda! If only you just listened to me!.."
"Oh.. I-.." Eda choked on her words. She stood there, tearing up, speechless..

The two stood in silence for almost 10 minutes, until Eda finally couldn't stand anymore. She fell to her knees and instantly started crying. Tears falling from her face, to the floor.
Raine looked back at Eda, and and looked away again.. A few tears rolled down their cheek.
"Raine, I..." Eda started, still crying, "Look, I-.. I'm sorry.. I know 'sorry' isn't enough to make up for us being here right now, but seriously. I am. I'm so, so sorry... I thought you were just pushing me away because you hated to admit you liked me.. I.. I was thinking really narcissisticly and I.. I just.. I'm so sorry..! You're right, if I listened to you, you wouldn't be here! I wouldn't be here!! I'm probably gonna get petrified, and.. I don't even wanna know what they'd do to you... I'm sorry I got us into this mess... Maybe I deserve petrification..."

Raine turned around to face Eda.
"Eda, no!! No, no you don't!! No one deserves petrification! I just.. Really wish you listened to me. Trust me, We'll find a way out of here before they do anything to us.." Raine slowly wrapped their arms around Eda, pulling her into a tight hug.
Eda hugged them back, tears quickly rolling down her face. As they pulled away from the embrace, a Coven scout walked in.
"The Owl Lady is to be petrified in stone, and Raine is to be isolated from all with extra work until further notice." The scout said, and walked out.
"Raine.. What are we gonna do?.." Eda asked, panicking.

"Don't worry. I've got a plan."

Author's Note:

Hiii!!! Two uploads in one?? AAA !! I made this chapter longer sort of to make up for how short the last one was, but also because this fanfiction is getting closer to the finale !!! :0
I hope you enjoyed this chapter,
Hunter, signing off !! :]