Chapter Thirteen

The next morning brought forth a very tired and hungry Cerast.

As he found himself sitting in the dining hall with Bandian and Prinna, Cerast was tempted to fall asleep right at the table.

He had stayed awake with the moon, careful not to stare for too long, but still glancing at it with awe. It would take getting accustomed to, his new adoration for the moon.

If it was within his power, he would have skipped breakfast and went to sleep. Yet, he was dreadfully hungry and still needed to make appearances for poor Prinna.

The woman looked as if her grief was eating her from the inside. Her cheeks looked sunken in, her eyes red from tears and her appearance was laden with black. She was mourning the loss of her husband and it showed.

Bandian, though still bright and sunny as he would be now, still frowned and stole glances at his mother, obviously saddened by the sight of her.

After all that had happened, Cerast had forgotten about the death of Tysefr.

It seemed rude and selfish of him to do so, but truly how could he deplore over a human kings death when there were gods standing trial and his own becoming of a god not a day after the fact?

"I will be returning to Raivor today. I thank you for the hospitality and if you shall ever need something in the future, I will always be eager to help." Cerast announced softly, hoping and quickly being disappointed that his voice was not too loud in the echoing hall.

"You are leaving? After all that has happened?" Bandian asked not without harshness, his voice disbelieving.

Prinna would not know what her son was speaking on, yet it could be written off as being about Tysefr's death.

"There is no need for me here any longer. I have done what I could and I apologize again for the nature of King Tysefr's death. Ellvana was insane and saw any opportunity to cause pain with no cause." Cerast nearly whispered the words, his eyes focused on Bandian with meaning.

For all Prinna knew, Ellvana had cursed Tysefr and caused his death. Ellvana had done one more deed before she died and left the sun with no God or Goddess to replace her. Bandian was hesitant to tell these half truths and lies to his mother, but was convinced by Slalifor that it was necessary.

There were no humans who knew about the trial in the library, nor servants who remember the disaster of Cerast's room. Slalifor had seen to it himself.

"You told me you would help me." Bandian glared openly, his mother suddenly forgotten beside him.

"There is nothing I can help you with that you cannot ask another. I have my own duties to attend to now, Bandian." Cerast made his voice soft for Prinna's sake.

Though he felt remorse for leaving Bandian on his own, Cerast knew that if he stayed in the castle things would not end well. He could already see the traces of Ellvana in the way Bandian glared down at him.

"Prinna, thank you again for letting me rest here in the castle, though I must take my leave. Please do not hesitate to write if you need anything." Cerast stood and bowed shortly.

As Cerast walked away, he could hear Bandian scoff and stand to follow after him. He shivered at the thought of the other god behind him.

Walking into his room, Cerast did not bother to close the door, knowing that there was nothing he could do to delay this conversation. Perhaps even argument.

At the very least, Bandian had closed the door behind him once he entered. A king showing that he had the power to walk into someone's room without their permission.