बाते

Present...

KS POV

I was siting on the corner of sofa holding my wife's hand who was laying on it unconscious waiting for her to wake up. I was constantly thinking about how I missed this. How could i be so irresponsible? I should have been there for my wife. Why the hell I let this happened to her? This is all my fault. It all happened because of my carelessness.

"Baby stop blaming yourself.."

I was trying to control my anger on myself closing my eyes tightly when I heard Haseena's voice. Soon i opened my eyes seeing her smiling weakly at me while holding my hand tightly.

"Haseena ji.. aap thik toh hai? Aapko kuch chahiye? Aapko kahi chaut toh nahi aayi haina?"

I showered her with question unknowingly as i was hell worried about her. But was dumbfounded when i saw her laughing at me and she said...

"Shant ho jaiye.. dekhiye ham ekdum durust hai. Waisebhi aap jaisi wife ho toh hame kaha kuch ho sakta hai.."

"Ha ab chaliye aapko gharpe leke chalte hai.."

I didn't let her speak any further and held her bridal style walking towards our car. Everyone in the hallway were looking at us but i couldn't care less as the only person I was thinking about was my wife and her health.

"Kya bat hai karishma ji aapko ab kisike samne pyar jatane se hichkich nahi rahi na?"

Haseena ji teased me the whole way while people giving us mixed vibes. But I couldn't answer no one.

Later at home...

I put my wife down on bed covering her up with a blanket setting the air conditioner on normal temperature as per her choice and hop in with her in the blanket cuddling her while she rest her head on my chest.

"Han toh ab bataiye aap thik hai? Wo pehele jo bhi aapne bola bahar walo ko convincing laga hoga but hame aap bewkoof nahi bana sakti.."

I said while caressing her hairs to which she hugged me more tightly and whispered...

"Areh sachhi kuch nahi hua hai baby.. Ham thik hai abhi."

I could still sense the lie in that tone but decided not to bother her knowing she needs some time alone to get recharged once she will he comfortable she will share automatically. Until then I will just make sure what does she needs and off course my love.

Few days passed by....

No one in the hospital knew what really happened to their boss. HM was no where to be seen on duty which was new and shocking for all of the staff as they never saw HM taking off for personal reasons that too for this long without informing them. Even on personal vacations she had allowed them to call her if there is an emergency but this time all the connection were null. As if HM was disappeared from the planet.

Meanwhile at home KS was busy taking care of HM, making sure of her needs without her saying anything. HM was dealing with the issue in her own way. HM loves KS off course but she was never confident dealing with this situation with anyone. As always she handled it alone and this time she was doing the same.

But passing days were worrying KS more and more so she decided to talk about it with HM...

"Waise Haseena ji aapko nahi lagta abhi aapko duty join kr leni chahiye? It's quite unusual ki aap aapki duty se itne der dur rahe.."