𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

and i'll be in denialfor at least a little whilewhat about the planswe made?

for at least a little while
what about the plans
we made?

𝐭𝐯 - 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡

𝟏𝟏𝟎 𝐀𝐂

IT APPEARED THAT even the brightest star can lose its light.

Agony teared ​​into Daemyria's heart, steadily ripping open her soul and infecting her with a pain that felt like it would last forever.

Not a word had escaped her since learning of her mother's death. While she was slowly falling apart on the inside, she showed only the smallest glimpse of grief to the people around her – if she spoke, her voice would tremble so terribly and tears would fall and not ever stop.

She wouldn't allow anyone to see her break, not even her sister...

Rhaenyra had helped her into the black dress for the funeral and was now brushing Daemyria's hair as utter silence filled the air.

Daemyria could hear her own heartbeat and it made her feel sick.

Each time she took a breath, her fingers twitched at her side, her flesh burning with a terrible itch.

And Rhaenyra noticed.

Her soul bled whenever she caught Daemyria's gaze in the mirror, and Rhaenyra pressed her lips together tightly, afraid that if she moved even a little, she would lose control and crumble.

She could not break down in front of her little sister who needed her now more than ever...

But Daemyria needed to hear her voice. Hearing words of reassurance, promises that the pain would pass, but Rhaenyra was not certain of that.

Rhaenyra put the brush aside and began running her fingers through her sister's hair, gently tugging at the loose knots that were left. And the contact of her skin with Daemyria's scalp made the young girl wince ever so slightly, and so Rhaenyra decided to take the risk of losing control, even though there was a small chance she would never get it back.

She would sacrifice everything for her sister. And if Daemyria wanted more, she would get it as well.

Rhaenyra would get it for her. With fire and blood she would.

"You usually visit Starsky every day as soon as the sun rises," Rhaenyra said, her voice shaking at first, but she fought back her pain. "You didn't this morning."

Silence was all she got in return, and she watched through the mirror as Daemyria's fingers began to play with the sleeves of her dress.

"She's growing so fast," Rhaenyra continued, focusing back on her sister's hair. "If she keeps going like that, you will be able to fly with her as soon as you hit your seventh name day, just like me-"