𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝐈

[Begin Volume One]

Life, such a fickle thing. It changes so quickly and you have no way to predict it.

One day you went out into your garden, to read a book under a tree. A seemingly normal activity to do on your day off. When sleep overtook you the last thing you were expecting to awake to was a grizzly bear cub affectionately nuzzling your face. Even less was to see your own hand now the size of a child, which you quickly found out was the same as the rest of your body.

You sat on the ground for a moment, shock making you freeze in place. You looked around to try and gain your bearings on the surroundings. The clothes you were wearing were made of animal skin, you were surrounded by trees and a single grizzly bear cub that seemed to be quite affectionate with you, almost like you were one of its siblings.

After a few more moments spent in silence, memories that were not your own flooded your mind. This bear was your sibling, not by blood, but its mother had raised both of you. Regardless of the new memories, you still had no idea where or when you were.

Just to make sure, you wrote your name in the sand. Thankfully, you still knew how. You quickly turned your head towards your bear brother. "Hello." Your voice was high-pitched and strained at the same time. The bear turned its head toward you, it didn't have a face like a human's but it looked confused all the same. Instinctively, you let out a series of quiet grunts, which it immediately responded to with excitement.

You stood up and walked around, quickly finding what was clearly a campsite. There was a makeshift fireplace outside of a cave, where you found another bear cub. You sat down in the shade, legs pulled to your chest.

There was no way for you to get home, this fact was slowly starting to sink in before you heard the rustling of leaves.

Out came a fully adult bear and with it a dear carcass. Your sibling eagerly rushed forward and started eating, while you stayed back. You knew you wouldn't be able to eat raw meat, but you also knew it would be dangerous to get in the way of the bears when they're eating, so you waited. It was like an [obviously] unspoken agreement, they would have their fill, but still, leave some for you.

And it continued on like this for many years. The body you were mysteriously placed in was now an adult, at least that's what you assumed. Your mother bear had had many other children, but you still remained by her side. You hate to admit it, but the animal tendencies had definitely rubbed off on you. It was an odd life and there were countless moments when you longed to return to your own life, but you knew that was a near-impossible feat. For the most part, you were content with your life in the forest, bear mother and siblings included.

And yet, off in the distance, on a heavenly mountain, Eros rubs his hands together and readies his arrows.

A/N: Yes I stole the formatting from Frankenstein, fight me (ง •̀_•́)ง