Chapter Nine

(Lemon warning) 

"Wait did he say...? Elijah?" Ezra said as her attention quickly changed from her drink to the tall muscular man, eyes gawking.

Harriet's hearing went blurry, static, and echoey. That man was the man who conspired with Arkin to kill her lover. There she was struck with grief and anger, ready to kill that man. However, she can't move her body. Honorius? He wasn't in the venue. He went to get wine from the wine cellar which was on the other side of the palace.

Tears begin to form in her eyes as hatred surges in her body. "Riette? Ha—--? Harriet?" The woman called to her shaking her body. Harriet turned to Ezra's eyes watery, shaking, and angry. "I-I apologized that you saw me in this state, Lady Ezra, please excuse me." Though Ezra was confused, she didn't bother to ask and curtsied at the Princess, watching her disappear. Harriet walked outside to the balcony breathing the fresh air. There it was, a memory she didn't want to resurface, the death of Larret and Jamie.

A puddle of blood and Larret's dead body. She called her out, hoping it was a prank. Unfortunately, it was real, her dear friend has passed away. "O-Oh no, who did this to you... Larret... why... why?!" She was a sobbing mess. Her reputation, her spot on the throne, her place in society, tarnished because of her brother, and now her friend died? Why would they want to torture the disregarded princess further?

Harriet hugged the dead body, not bothering the blood that was covering her. She was screaming and wailing rigidly.

"No need to cry further over traitors, Princess."

Harriet looked up and saw the man who was taller than her, with jet-black hair, and an aura colder than ice. Arkin Everett.

"D-Did you kill Larret? Did you kill her?!" She yelled, her voice turning hoarse. "W-Why... I haven't done anything wrong... she hasn't done anything wrong!"

Arkin can only stare at her, not even muttering a single word. That was till the Emperor of Shoyu stepped inside. "I found her lover, Duke Everett, now as per the deal says, commit your promises." Elijah coldly stated as he stabbed the body of god knows how many.

Harriet's eyes widened her body freezing, muscles clenching. "Elijah Reihai, I will kill you!" Black mist starts surrounding the room, the oxygen turns deadly, if anyone inhales it, you'd feel like a knife stabbed through the lungs. However, Harriet wasn't in her correct state of mind she wasn't able to release the actual power she was going to use to kill him. But even if she was going to kill Elijah, it wouldn't return the souls of Larret and Jamie.

"Harriet..." Arkin called to her, walking slowly towards her.

"No! Please stay away from me you monster! W-What have they done to you?!" The mist was growing thicker and thicker, she can see Elijah trying to dispel the smoke by conjuring his weapons like a fan. It wasn't going to work.

Arkin ignored her request and hugged her tightly, though Harriet hated him, she managed to cry onto his chest. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate... you..."

Tears also form in the cold man's eyes, shushing and cooing at her. "I know, I know, I'm sorry, my dear Harriet I'm sorry... but they are traitors... they're conspiring against you."

"They are not! I trust them and they have proven my trust!"

"Listen to me, Harriet! I don't know what blasphemous lies they have told you, but they tried to kill you. Elijah and jumped in the scene as both of them are war criminals from Shoyu."

Harriet's face stared in shock. Her tears stopped for a moment before they began dripping again. "T-They wouldn't do that..."

Elijah walked towards the both of them, carrying actual records.

"N-NO! THEY WOULDN'T DO THAT THEY WOULDN'T!" In the end, she remained delusional even with the proof, her love for them was too great. She had to see with her own eyes if they truly were traitors, but as of now, she trusts them. After all, she had no one to trust left than Larret and Jamie.

Still sobbing, the mist slowly disappeared. Harriet continued to cry in his arms as if depending on him. Arkin looked hurt. "Please don't cry, Harriet. Please don't cry..."

"I love you Harriet please don't cry, it hurts... it pains me to see you in despair... I-I didn't mean to..."

"L-------a------J------------------k----------t----------------------t-------------------------t---------------I —...-------------------..."

"May I join you?" The memory was interrupted when the man she "hated" entered. Though she forgot some parts of her previous memories, her body can feel anger.

Harriet nodded as she looked into the starry sky, relishing the moments when everything can be serene for just this evening. She can feel his gaze on her. Curious, she turned around and found him too close, maybe 5 inches close.

"M-My Lord, you are too close." She mumbled. Though she hated him, she has to admit, he was attractive. That red eyes of his screamed lust.

Arkin smiled as he went closer. "How about this, is this closer now?" He replied with a warm smile. Before Harriet knew it, he grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. An inch before his face.

"You should give me space my Lord," Harriet said as she covered his face with her hands only for him to kiss it.

(An: Good lord he's horny)

She found herself staring at him completely allowing him to take off her hands from his face. He cupped her face. She closed her as he kissed her, only this once will Harriet take the risk, why not make the enemy fall in love with her?

Her hands moved toward his back and held on to it. Arkin noticed she was struggling and lifted her legs to wrap them around his waist. The kiss was sensual at first, then it turned erotic then it turned into lust.

Arkin loosened his buttons to give his body air since it was "hot". Harriet groaned as the man sucked her neck.

"You left a... nghh mark" She moaned as he began touching her thighs.

"I know." He replied huskily. Arkin then continued to kiss her, this time it was lust to ruin the other.

"F-For a while, I need to catch my breath..." Harriet gasped for air as the duke continued giving her hickeys. He noticed she was looking at him and carried her bridal style.

"Let's take this somewhere else shall we princes?"

Looks like everything went according to plan, the Princess had everything in the palm of her hand.