Chap 18

Dear cupcakes, sorry for not updating last week.

Here we go.

________________

"Dad, when will mom be back from her trip?" asked Fiat as he sat beside his Dad in the living room.

"Around afternoon or early evening. Do you need anything, son?" asked Khun Kong calmly as he didn't avert his eyes and continued to read today's newspaper.

Fiat remained silent after that as he pondered on his thought to ask his Dad the golden question in his mind. After a few minutes of thinking, he threw all the caution into the air as he nudged his Dad's arm and asked away the question.

"Dad, when do you plan to have the 'talk' that you wanted to have with me? Didn't you ask me to return to have that talk?" asked Fiat as he fully faced his Dad.

Khun Kong heaved a sigh as he placed the newspaper he was reading on the small, round table in front of him. He turned to his right to face his son and answer his questions.

"I wanted you to be ready for that talk," said Khun Kong as he stared at his son with a poker look.

"Is this something to do with the document you gave me before? You didn't allow me to read through it or even take a look. Am I allowed to read through it now?" asked Fiat excitedly, without knowing how serious the contents were.

"Get those files here and take a look. After that, I want you to give them to your P'Forth," added Khun Kong.

"Let me get it first, Dad," said Fiat as he ran upstairs to his room to get the file.

Khun Kong looked at the way his son disappeared with a sad smile on his face. He couldn't change the past and regretted his mistakes most of his days.

He also knows what he is doing now might hurt his son and will cause him to get separated from him. But he had to do what was due a long time ago. He could only hope for his son to understand his intention.

"Dad, I got the file. Let's read through them," Fiat reached the living room with happy skips on his way.

"Fiat, before you read them, Dad want you to know that this is my karma and my doings. It has nothing to do with your mom or you. By chance, in future, if I'm not with you, please don't blame yourself. Please know that this is my karma getting back at me, and your Dad is willing to face them," stated Khun Kong with a guilty look.

"Dad, you are scaring me now. Are you sick? Are you dying and going to leave me?" questioned Fiat with a scared look and eyes ready to cry.

"No. I'm healthy, my son. Meet me outside in the garden when you're done reading these documents," Khun Kong said as he patted his son's shoulders before he left the living room.

Fiat watched his Dad walk away as he stared at the documents. He took a few deep breaths before finally opening the papers to read through them. He always wondered why his Dad kept the content of these papers confidential. Now Fiat finally got to know them. And he is curious how his P'Forth got involved.

~

The continuous knock on the door downstairs woke Beam from his sleep. He grumpily twisted in the bed as he sought warmth from the person snoring softly beside him. He hoped for the knocking to stop in a while and continued his sleep.

But to his dismay, the knocking got loud per minute.

"Whoever that is, I'm going to kill you," he cursed as he got out of bed and went downstairs.