Alright so fair warning I do describe a fairly gruesome injuring. So please read with caution.

They had been wandering the dead village for hours, unable to sleep or comprehend the fact that their home, the only home that they had known, was gone. Willow sighed as she broke away from the others and headed for her house. Or what might be left. She sighed again and kicked at a rock on the road. The sun was only a few hours away from rising, but it was already beginning to grow lighter out. Rune had cried while Jay and Anna went into shock.

Willow had pointed out that they didn't know if anyone else had made it out of the forest. Apollo had replied bleakly that he couldn't hear any thoughts other than their own. That had caused Rune to cry harder. Willow growled and glared at the horizon. It was still possible that someone had still made it. If Tourmaline could block her mind from Apollo, someone else could to. And they didn't even know how far Apollo could hear thoughts from.

Huffing, Willow reached the top of the hill and stared at her house. Fire flickered in the fields and the smell of rotting flesh wafted up from the stables. Willow coughed as her eyes watered from the smell. She shook her head and continued onto the house. It was actually one of the most intact houses that she had seen, though a little burnt and crushed. She rubbed her face and climbed the steps onto the porch. The door creaked and groaned as it hung from one hinge.

Willow ducked around it pushing it slightly as she stepped into the hall. Everything was deathly quiet, and Willow found herself shaking and rubbing her arms to get rid of the goosebumps. She stepped around a fallen board and looked into the living room. The shelves were overturned, and books were torn and burnt. The furniture was flung all around the room on their sides and some of the furniture that had been there was entirely missing now.

She shivered and moved on to the kitchen. Draws were on the floor and silverware was scatter around. The table was shoved through the wall into the next room which happened to be the bathroom. Windows had been shattered and glass was mixed in with the silverware. Willow moved on to the bathroom.

Other than the table through the wall everything else was where it was supposed to be. Willow walked into the bathroom and ducked under the table legs and ran her fingers over the stone counter. It's cool surface chilled Willow to the bone and she quickly left and went to her room. Or the few pages that had survived.

Her hand flew up to her mouth and she made a strangled noise at the sight of the hole beyond the door. Everything, her bed, her dresser, her cloths, and pictures, all obliterated. She fell to the ground and picked up the one picture that had survived.

The drawing of the blood moon.

Willow ran a hand through her hair and sighed. The whole reason all this had happened was probably because of that stupid blood red moon. Overhead the sky darkened with cloud cover and the wind picked up speed.

She stood up and looked around a bit more before moving onto the place that she dreaded. Her parents' bedroom. Swallowing she walked down the hallway and pushed on their door. It didn't budge. Willow huffed and adrenaline flooded her she pushed against the door sliding it open easily while something on the other side groaned in protest.

Stepping into the dark room, Willow looked around squinting. Dust billowed up as she moved her feet across the floor. Willow looked at the back of the door as she coughed. The door had been blocked by her parents bed. How had they had time to move it?

In the far corner of the room behind the knocked over dresser someone coughed weakly. Willow immediately swung towards the sound and waited. Nothing moved for several seconds before someone groaned and then their back was showing over the dresser. Willow took a few hesitant steps forward until she looked over the dresser and onto the person. Her eyes widened when she realized that her parents were curled up on the floor behind the dresser very much alive.