Chapter 5

I quickly push Danny off of me as a smirk grows on his face.

I’m relieved when I see it’s just Sarah standing in my doorway.

“I’m sorry... I just usually don’t have to knock...” Sarah says covering her eyes.

I roll my eyes as Danny chuckles.

“It’s fine Sarah.” I say standing up and straightening out my clothes. “You can open your eyes by the way.”

Sarah removes her hands from her eyes. “Your mom want’s you to know Clay is coming over tonight for dinner, and you need to look presentable. She also says

Danny can stay if he would like.”

“Ok, thanks Sarah.” I say and smile.

I let out a breath of relief as she leaves closing the door behind her.

I turn around to see Danny smirking at me.

I put my hands on my hips. “I knew jumping on the bed was a bad idea.”

“I thought that ended well, besides Sarah bursting in on us.” Danny says still smirking.

“Are you staying for dinner or not?” I ask raising an eyebrow.

“Hmm. I like staying. Staying sounds like a good idea.” Danny smiles.

A small smile creeps on my face as I walk into my closet.

“Is your room just endless?” Danny yells out to me.

I giggle in response picking out a form fitting red strapless dress.

If Danny was going to tease, then I’m going to tease right back.

I walk back into the room. “I’m going to change.”

“You can change in here, I don’t mind.” Danny says wiggling his eyebrows.

“Uh... how about no.” I say smirking as I walk into the bathroom quickly changing.

I touch up my makeup and my hair, while listening to Danny groan: “Summer... you’re taking forever...”

“It takes a long time to get beautiful.” I say in response.

“You’re already beautiful though so why is it taking so long?” He complains.

I laugh shaking my head as I emerge from my bathroom.

I watch amused as Danny’s mouth opens slightly as he looks me up and down.

I walk across the room to pull on my heels.

“You’re trying to kill me.” He says.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I say smiling smugly to myself.

“Oh I think you do.” He growls in my ear wrapping his arms around my waist.

I hold back a shiver. “Nope. I’m lost.”

“Do you dress like this all the time?”

“After school and besides time off, yep.”

“Oh God.” He mutters.

I giggle, “Why Dothain, does this get-up bother you?” I ask wiggling out of his grasp and walking over to my makeup table to spray on some perfume.

I turn to look over my shoulder to see Danny with his eyes squeezed shut. “No. Bother isn’t the right word...”

I smile to myself again as I return my attention to my mirror.