Chapter 21

AS ALWAYS THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<333333333333333333333333333

____________________________________

It’s been a few days, and I’ve been in contact with Clayton.

He’s told me he’s honestly glad I’ve ditched my mom, because she was holding me back.

Clayton also said that the Danny story would be good for publicity.

He even apologized for not seeing how much I was hurting.

I’m so glad I have someone else who understands.

So I’m sitting in a room with white walls, with my hair, and makeup done. I’m looking into a camera for the Today show, and I’m being interviewed so it can be put on the show tomorrow.

“Just say why you are here,” The interviewer says.

I take a deep breath, and I look at Clayton who gives me a small smile with the nod of his head.

I look at the bright lights, and then back at the camera.

“I’m here to tell the world, I’ve lied to them. And I hurt someone I love in the process. I’m here to give a public apology to him,” I say crossing my legs.

“And how did you lie?”

I play with the ring on my finger.

“I’m not, and never was, dating Alex Pettyfer. It was all a publicity stunt.”

“And the person you hurt, who is he? What does he have to do with the story?” The interviewer asks.

I look into the camera as a tear slips down my cheek.

“His name is Danny. He is, or was I mean, my boyfriend. I love him, but we had to keep our relationship a secret, and that slowly killed him inside. At least that’s what he told me,” I say wiping the wetness from my cheeks.

“This, Danny, why couldn’t you release that you were dating him?”

“He’s not considered my type. It’s sickening really. I was selfish. I only thought about my career. I guess the saying is really true. You don’t realize what you have until it’s gone. I had everything I wanted, now I can’t even get a good nights sleep.”

“Do you think any of this will affect your movie coming out soon?”

I bite my lip before sighing. “I hope not. I hope fans can see that this is one of the hardest things I’ve ever went through. That I would never wish this feeling on my greatest enemy. The feeling of depression, of hopelessness. I hope that they can relate to how I’m feeling, and that we can get through it together. Because I will get through this. I will never forget him, but I’d never want to. He was too much a part of my life to forget, that’s probably why it’s so hard to get passed the hurt. I would like to apologize to all my fans if you feel deceived in anyway, but now you know,” I take a deep breath in as I clasp my hands together.

“Is there anything you’d like to say to Danny, if he’s watching?”

I close my eyes for a split second, trying to keep myself from balling my eyes out.

“Yes,” I finally say as I open my eyes. “I’d like to say I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry for everything that’s happened to you in your life. I’m sorry that I wasn’t the person I should have been for you, because you deserve so much better. I’m not the one who does, you do. I was so caught up in trying to find the one. The perfect guy, who would make me more famous, get me more money. I’m realizing it’s you. No, I’ve realized it’s you. You are the one. I’ve lost you. But I also realized, I don’t deserve you.”