Maid of Honor

"Ooooh, the big day will be here any day now!" Nyx squealed as she entered the library while carrying a stack of invitations in her hands; she walked over to Maleficent who was sitting at her ebony wood desk and looking over a list. "No doubt this is going to be the event of the century."

"There's still so much left to do and the wedding is in FIVE months from now." Maleficent said with a sigh.

"Nobody said planning a wedding was gonna be easy, but don't worry." The Goddess of the Night replied. "I'm here to help, and so are the other Underworld deities. Dementia and I set up cake tastings with Hera next week, and then..."

"My dress?" The Mistress of Evil asked in a sly tone.

"Already started thinking about designs."

Maleficent grinned with excitement. Even though she would not usually feel so enthusiastic about this sort of thing, this was a different situation. She felt comfortable in the company Nyx and she knew she could let her guard down around her and trust her with anything.

Nyx set the invitations she was carrying down on the desk and dusted her hands. "Okay, we have invitations and flowers, so it looks like we're done for the day."

"Well... there is one more thing." Maleficent said as she stood up from her desk.

"Wait, what? What are we forgetting?"

"Speeches."

Nyx chuckled. "Nice try, ghoul. But you and Hades are gonna have to write your own speeches."

"And the best man and the maid of honor?"

"They have to write their speeches, too."

"Then it would be a wise decision for you to fetch yourself a pen and get started."

Nyx gasped, realizing what Maleficent was telling her. "...You mean it?"

"Of course I do." Maleficent said, taking Nyx's hand in her own. "Since the beginning, you have been nothing but helpful and supportive throughout my relationship with Hades as well as this entire wedding planning process. You acted not only like a true friend, but also like a mother to me and I cannot think of anyone more qualified than you to be my maid of honor. So... would you be my maid of honor, Nyx?"

"Yes! Of course I will!"

They shared a hug.

"...Then I suppose that means you should start designing a maid of honor dress for yourself." Maleficent commented.

They parted and Nyx said, "Oh, I already did."

"What?"

With a snap of her fingers, Nyx transformed her original black and blue dress into something completely different; it was a beautiful floor-length, sleeveless gown in two different shades of indigo accented with white and a black sheer shawl speckled with tiny white stars over her shoulders. She gave a proud smile and posed.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"Very nice, it really suits you." Maleficent replied before she had a thought. "...Did you already know I was planning on asking you?"

"No. But I've been thinking about what I'd wear to your wedding since you and Hades got together. Call it instinct, I guess."

The evil fairy rolled her eyes in response; Nyx was always one step ahead.

"And since I have a dress, it's only fair you have one, too." Nyx then took out a simple floor-length black dress with long sleeves and a pointed collar and sheer black fabric along the shoulder line.

"Oh? My wedding dress?" Maleficent asked.

"No, this is your wedding reception dress. Every bride needs a costume change for the party, everyone knows that. Wanna try it on?"

"Do you even need to ask?" She took the dress and ran off to change. Then after a few moments, she came back with it on; it fit her perfectly. "Oh, simple and splendid. A wonderful job."

"I knew you'd like it. Just wait until we get started on your REAL wedding dress." Nyx said with a smile.