The Perfect Wedding Dress

It was the day Nyx was going to make Maleficent's wedding dress; the two women stood in Nyx's bedchamber, eager to begin. The Night Goddess had sketches upon sketches of different dress designs she drew over time and she needed the Mistress of All Evil to look them over and decide which one she liked the best.

"I'm so excited! I have so many ideas to run by you! I just hope they'll be good enough." Nyx said as she leafed through some of her papers.

"Good enough? Nyx, when it comes to fashion, you are an absolute genius." Maleficent said. "Whatever you make will be perfect, I'm sure of it. I trust you."

"Aw, thank you. Now let's get started, shall we?" She picked up a stack of papers and held them up on a nearby easel; she showed Maleficent a drawing of a knee-length dress with short sleeves and a floor-length wrap around the hips. "So I'm thinking we go bold with a short dress."

"Really..." Maleficent said, sounding unsure.

Nyx paused and moved on to another sketch; this one was a dress with a long flowing skirt, long sleeves, a v-shaped neckline, and a sheer fabric cape draping from behind. "Or maybe a long, flowing dress of the silkiest satin in the land with long sleeves and an added cape would be better."

"...A cape?"

"Or no cape and medium flowing sleeves spun in shimmering chiffon?" She showed her a similar design, but with no cape and different sleeves.

"Interesting."

"You don't want shimmer?"

Maleficent paused. "I... actually, I'm not sure."

"Sparkle?"

"Um..."

"Strapless?"

"I don't know."

"In green? Black? Or purple?"

"Maybe?"

"Come on! Those are all of your favorite colors!" Nyx sighed. "Maleficent, what is going on? Is it really that hard for you to decide?"

"I, I just... argh!" The evil fairy groaned. "Sorry, I'm sorry. I'm just so... frazzled. I've never done this sort of thing before and I don't know how to handle it. Planning a wedding is about making decisions and I've made so many of them already, I just don't know up from down anymore." She sighed and turned away from her friend; she put a hand over her eyes. "I'm so sorry, Nyx. All I really want is for everything to be perfect." After a moment, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. I get it." Nyx said. "Remember when you told me you trusted me?"

"Yes."

"Well, do you?"

"...Yes, with every fiber of my being."

"Great." Nyx then gently shoved Maleficent into a chair, gave her a wine glass, and poured some wine into it. "Now just sit right here, sip a bit of wine, and let me work my magic. You'll see."

An hour passed and Maleficent's wedding dress was finally ready. As she put it on, the evil fairy kept her eyes closed the entire time, wanting to be surprised. Nyx then brought her in front of a mirror and smiled.

"...Open your eyes." She said.

Maleficent did and gasped in awe at what she was wearing; she was now wearing a floor-length raven black gown with shimmering purple accents along the waist and bust, long sleeves converting to fingerless gloves at the end, a sparkling green bonfire and thorny vine pattern along the skirt, and a sheer green cape connected to the wrists of the sleeves. It was gorgeous and it perfectly reflected the bride's personality. She turned to Nyx.

"Nyx, I... I don't know what to say. Except... it's perfect." She said, nearly on the verge of tears.

Nyx smiled proudly. "Fit for an Underworld Queen." They shared a hug.