6-THE SPEECH

OMNISCIENT

Babangida's mansion was filled with guards and maids bustling in and out of the main house. The blood splatters inside the living room have been cleared, the house has entered its full renovation mode which rendered everyone confused as to why that was happening when it had been renovated less than a month ago.

Nevertheless, they all performed their duties efficiently. Other than Henry, no one knows the real situation the house is in, all of them were under the impression that the wife and her daughter are being wicked towards the man of the house while the brother has gone missing for four years, some even wondered if he died.

A silver BMW smoothly pulled up at the driveway of the mansion, it rounded the water fountain and expertly parked a few metres away from the entrance door. Outfitted in dark olive green cargo sweatpants and black flannels atop a white shirt was Jawad who alighted the car in authentic black Nike sneakers. His eyes were shielded with dark club master shades as he merrily bounced to the doorstep like it was his home, well, a second home. He ignored the maids who were taking their time to check him out, something he's gotten used to.

Just when he was about to step inside after opening the door, he bumped into a well-built man who was startled at first but quickly adjusted. Jawad grinned at the man who had his lips set in a thin line.

"Good day, Uncle Henry. Please where are Mom and Aira?" He asked the man who raised an eyebrow before answering.

"They're not around," Henry lied and was about to push past Jawad who blocked his way.

"They're around Uncle Henry. Aira and mom do not go out on Mondays unless it involves school, they also would've told me not to drop by to get Aira for our sleepover at Camila's dorm room. Did something happen again?" He boldly narrowed his eyes at the man who scoffed, knowing that he has figured it out. Sometimes, being around smart youngsters might be the hardest thing to endure.

"Yes, but do not tell Aarif about it..." He then narrated everything to Jawad without giving him the real reason for the cause of the havoc. It's better if Sumaira tells him about the contract by herself.

"This man!" Jawad's eyes reddened, veins popping on his forehead and neck. He released a huge, shaky breath when Henry placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Trust me, the urge to kill him is eating me up but we have to wait, we can't act accordingly to our minds since the story is not ours to tell," Henry spoke.

"Yes you're right, Uncle Henry. But how are they doing now? Are they asleep? Can I go in and see them?" He desperately asked.

"The injuries weren't serious and they're fine now. The doctor left some minutes ago, but Sumaira is asleep due to the effect of the powdered substance he splashed on her, the doctor said it won't take her long to wake up but please don't wake her up or tell anyone about this," He answered.

"I promise I won't. Let me go in now," He then scurried inside, not taking a moment to even look at his surroundings before ascending the stairs and lightly knocking on the door to Sumaira's room.

"Come in," A frail voice said. Jawad was surprised to hear Dalila's voice, he thought she was in her room. Jawad entered and found the mother and daughter duo in a supine position with Sumaira tightly clutching to her mother's body.

"Mommy I--" He started whispering before she cut him off.

"Shh! She's asleep," She faintly muttered. Jawad took the stool from the vanity unit and sat down beside them, he wasn't surprised to see both of them with drips and IV cannulas in their hands, which happens whenever Babangida's residence is in chaos.