22-FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS

OMNISCIENT

Outside the infirmary sat a girl in an area that wasn't easily discoverable. The fresh breeze hit her face and swept her wavy red hair sideways. Her legs were audaciously crossed with her stance giving away so much confidence. The way she poised didn't allow any room for external disturbance. What everyone didn't know was that beneath that nonchalant attitude was a girl breaking down. Her life got ruined by her biggest enemy and yet, she couldn't even defend herself and prove her worth to her beloved by staying beside him until he woke up.

Her thoughts were soon brought to a halt when she felt the air around her shift, that little alteration made her shiver. She could feel her head becoming clouded and her breath shortening, as though a powerful force was restricting her. The place suddenly seemed too small and she became compelled to look up, only for her eyes to meet a focus she wasn't ready for.

About a quarter of a kilometre away, even though surrounded by many people was a man who stood out in both mannerisms and fashion. He was like a white pigeon that demanded attention, shifting focus away from the black ones around him.

Accoutred to perfection in a sleek white button-up shirt with coffee brown fashion slacks that stopped just above his ankles was the devil himself. He was without a tie and the first two buttons of the shirt were left ajar, giving a tantalizing view of his muscled chest. Atop the shirt was a beige distressed leather trenchcoat that stylishly lay on his shoulder with the sleeves unworn. His hands were covered in the usual black leather gloves along with a golden Rolex day-date wristwatch, Rayban club master shades shielded his eyes and on his feet were suede coffee brown shoes. His wife's fashion sense, even though a bit malformed, was something he enjoyed showcasing with pride.

Alexa was still in a daze and before she could realize what happened, Maheer and the people behind him, who turned out to be none other than the principal and some other board members that didn't make it to the assembly, stopped right in front of her.

"Why are you sitting here, Miss Schwid?" Principal Rachael narrowed her eyes in slits at the girl dressed in catchy clothes.

"Um-ah, Principal Rachael—" Once again, she was saved by the owner of the sonorous voice that never failed to get her attention.

"The atmosphere around here is pleasant, just the type that students want to relax in. I believe Miss Schwid is also here to have a break, right?" He asserted with the poise of an emperor. Everyone knew that he was trying to save her but nothing could be said to refute him. And just like that, they pressed their lips in a thin line, not wanting to be the scapegoats in such a situation.

"Yes. The words seemed to have been stuck in my throat, thank you, Sir. That being said, I'll be leaving now, apologies," As she made her way towards the exit because of the overwhelming aura surrounding her, she was soon called back.

"A classmate of yours is said to have been admitted here and the president told me you know the ward. Mind taking us there?" He asked with a faint smile as if daring her to refuse.

The girl needed no one to tell her that he had a good time with Sumaira and it was his way of repaying her for that, even though he was making her the centre of attention. Nevertheless, she went ahead to bob her head like a fish in water.