Prologue

Dedicated to
My Zane,

How will I forget,
Those eyes which beamed
When they saw me?

SAMANTA RIVERS

"Hey Sam!" Said the familiar voice of Abbie on the other side of the call.

"Hoping to meet you at the party we're hosting... It's Zane's come back and I really want you to be there."

Zane's coming here? My heart started to beat frantically due to the mixture of fear and excitement that had sprouted in my heart..

I hung the phone up and ran excitedly to the garden to find my pet, Donuts.

"He's coming back!!" I cried happily, startling the munchkin cat who was sleeping peacefully.

"I hope he remembers us, Donuts!"

ZANE MACMILLAN

"Siri, Call Abbie!" I cried over the blaring music that was being played in the car. We were travelling back home after a year, and all I wanted was to have fun before the next semester began.

"Calling Abbie!" Said the automated voice of siri.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to make calls while driving?" Shouted Zion, glaring at me while seated on the passenger seat in his own car. He had a takeaway coffee cup in one of his hands, and was sipping from it from time to time.

"Shh.." I shushed him so I could listen to the automated voice which said the caller was busy at the moment.

Annoyed, I reduced the volume of the song, and tried again, "Siri, call Abbie.."

"Calling Abbie!"

"Hey, Good timing Zane, I was about to call you!" Cried Abbie, answering the call cheerfully.

"Why were you busy when I tried you earlier?" I fussed at her for prioritising someone else before me.

"Sorry, Was talking to Sam!!"

SCREEEEEEEEEEEECH!!

"HOLY COW!" yelped Zion splashing his coffee all over himself and his car. I regained posture, after hitting on the brake abruptly, Thanks to my seatbelt.

"What happened?" Abbie yelled, alarmed. She was still connected on the phone call and had heard everything.

"Nothing!!" I answered, looking guiltily at Zion, who looked at me with coffee on his dress and seat as if he would kill me.

"Its Zane, and he is trying to murder us!" Zion cried into the phone, before getting out of the car.

I stared at the steering wheel furiously, thinking of none other than the name I hated the most!

And that was SAM as in Samanta!

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Hello there, 

I know, the prologue is shorter than any other prologue that has ever existed in the world.

I may edit it, or I may not. But for now, that's all for the prologue. 😅

If you like this chapter please vote and comment.
About the comments:
I love reading comments. The funny ones are the best. And then comes the constructive criticism. I'm all for it. But, please bear in mind that I'm a human and I make mistakes just like you.

Please don't comment rudely, so as to make me quit writing.

Instead make me feel, "Wow, Thank you for being so sweet, I will make the necessary changes to improve my writing."

Please be gentle with the comments. ❤

That being said, I love how supportive and friendly everyone on Wattpad is. ❤

Thank you.
Lots of Love.
Me 💖