2. Golden Green Orbs

Pov SAMANTA RIVERS

Abbie had made us sit on a table that was dressed in a champagne coloured fabric like every other table did. The table was long enough to seat eight people. It's been reserved for our friends, although at the moment it was only Ray and I who were seated on it.
My eyes took in the stunning red roses that were on the table. They were arranged into a bouquet and tucked into long transparent vases. Beside it were glasses that were filled with water. 

"Let me introduce the hero of the day, or should I call it 'night'." She said laughing, making my focus shift to hers. She pulled a figure that was busy talking to someone important.

My heart started to beat frantically and I gulped the water that was on the table.

"Here..." She cried pushing the figure in front of us. My heart stopped beating, as my eyes studied the man in front of me.

Those same wavy hair, dark eyes, pointed sharp nose, and alluring thin lips. But there was something different about him.
Was it his physique...??

"Meet...Zion!" She cried enthusiastically, shoving the figure on our faces.

"Zion?" I breathed out, completely flummoxed, "you look just like..."

"Zane!" Finished Rayna, looking at Zion shockingly.

"Eww! No... not like that grumpy orge." He replied, "I'm much cooler and handsome too!"
He then guffawed with delightment surprising both of us.

"Zion." He extended his hand to Rayna looking at her curiously.

Once the pleasantries with her ended, he turned, holding out his hand to me.

I took it but before I could introduce myself, Abbie interrupted,
"This is Sam, as in Samanta!"

"Oh!" He responded with confusion, still shaking my hand and then he exclaimed, "Ohh! Samanta!"

I blushed as I didn't know how to react. It looked like I was an inside joke of theirs.

"I'm sorry, but am I an inside joke of yours or something?"
Nope! Did I actually word it out loud?

There was this problem, that whatever I thought, flowed out of my mouth before my mind could even process it.
If only I could leave my mouth at home, before I left it.

"Samanta!" He said, as his eyes took in my form, still holding my hands.

"No, you're not, it's a song in my playlist." His eyes softened as it peered into mine.

"Make way... make way..." yelled a very familiar friendly voice, which brought an instant smile to my face. "Make way for the famous RYDER!"

"Ryder, You're late!" I exclaimed, glaring at him affectionately. He as usual was dressed in his best quirky styled suit and outclassed everyone that was presented tonight.

He had opted for a polka dotted tuxedo, which was well… multi-coloured.

"I wasn't, I was busy making new business friends." He responded, pointing behind him with a grin on his face. He tried to hug me, but as he saw my hands were still clutched by Zion, he backed away.
Although Ryder's fashion sense is almost as ludicrous as his personality, he was an alarmingly good looking guy.

Zion however, pulled my attention off Ryder, asking me if I wanted any drinks.
"May I please the lady with a drink?"
I cleared my throat to answer, but...

"Hey Guys!" Said a voice behind me and I froze.

Pov ZANE MACMILLAN

I despised Samanta. But the word despised was not strong enough for the emotion I had for her.

What I felt for her was much more than hatred.

I had intense dislike for a gold digger like her. Yet I still don' t understand what the others saw in her.

Nevertheless, I moved closer to get a better view and hone in for a clearer conversation on what they were talking, when Abbie introduced Zion.

My eyes swiveled from her to my brother. He looked hypnotized by her already and he had only met her, for what like 2 seconds?

It seemed like she had already casted her spell on him. Gold diggers like her always had their tricks up their sleeves to seduce the hearts of rich and wealthy millionaires.

Zion had her hands clutched into his, and something about them holding their hands for more than needed irked me. I wanted to slap her hands away from his. I wanted to punish her and hurt her for the audacity she had to flirt with my brother.

She knew it was my brother!

So I stepped forward, it was the correct time to intervene and make my presence known.

"Hey guys!" I said and she froze visibly.

While the others greeted and welcomed me in, well.. only Rayna.. Ryder only nodded, but she? She still stood staring the other way.

Such an arrogant bitch, ain't she?

It took her more than needed, to slowly turn around and face me.

I averted my eyes away from her and looked ahead of her. I could feel her eyes wandering all over my face, yet I ignored looking at her.

Bitch she was a!

"Zane?" She whispered, making the flesh of my skin rise up.

"Ignore the damn bitch! Ignore the bitch!" I kept thinking to myself, trying my best to avoid looking at her.

But my eyes acted as if it had a brain of their own... It flicked down and met the golden green orbs that were staring back at me.... And I staggered.