Unwrapping a Dream

AN: Hey guys! So this is my first time ever really writing a story so it may be bad but I hope you like it a little anyway!

Chapter 1: Unwrappin a Dream

"Merry Christmas Harlee!" My parents yelled in sync. I grabbed my glasses and slipped them on as I ran to them in a hug. "Did I get coal? I know I've been a little naughty this year" We all laughed. "Actually," my dad said sarcastically as we made our way downstairs. All year long I have been asking for 1D merchandise. Bags, CDs, posters, cutouts, etc. But my parents always say "We don't need you obsessing over stupid boy bands!" Well, this year I turned 18, I know, a little old to be living with my parents and asking for boy band toys, but I mean, have you ever heard them sing? I love each and every one of them. Zayn, Harry, Niall, Louis, and Liam. They're just so nice and caring and non self-centered like Justin Beiber and Cody Simpson. I have quite a soft spot though, for Niall. The way his eyes look at you, how his hair looks perfect no matter what time of day, what kind of weather, you know. Well, as I headed downstairs I heard my parents whispering on the love seat. I admit I was suspicious, but I was starving! I walked into the kitchen to grab some nice and hot cinnamon rolls. I squeezed the icing onto them imagining all the t-shirts and photo cards I would be getting that had to to do with 1D. I stepped into the living room and began to open my gifts. Starting with the larger ones then working my way down to the small ones. As it turned out, I got zero 1D gifts, not ONE!!! I thanked my parents and began to slump up to my room until, "Harlee, you forgot a present!" Oh great, I thought. Probably more socks or underwear with my luck. My parents were grinning creepily at me and watching my every move. I was getting the feeling these weren't Victoria's Secret undies. I grabbed for the present and as I picked it up it was very light. Ok, so maybe I did get the photo cards. I began to unwrap it when, "Wait!" My mom called, "let me get my camera!" I rolled my eyes and set the gift back down. I glanced over to my dad who was still giving me the creepy smile- stare down. I decided to look back at the present. Just then my mom came running back in with her camera. "Ok open it now!" I felt awkward. I grabbed for the wrapping paper, I was kinda afraid of what would be inside. My hand stopped. My mouth fell open. My heart flittered. The whole world seemed to lean in and watch me. "EAAAEEEEEAAAHHHHHEEEEAA" I screamed! "OMG OMG OMG! Mom, dad, is this really happening?" I began jumping up and down totally ruining the whole silent thing. There in front of me, I held Tour tickets and Backstage passes for One Direction's Take Me Home Official Tour. Forget Cardboard cutouts, I WAS GOING TO A REAL LIFE ONE DIRECTION ACTUAL TOUR. And the best part, I GOT TO GO BACKSTAGE! Maybe this would give me a chance to actually talk to THE Niall James Horan! I let out another squeal and squeezed my parents until I could've swore their eyeballs were about to pop out. "Woah there Har, Did you see? There are 2! You can take Taylor if you want, or maybe Meghan!" I was about to die. Backstage passes, tour tickets, AND I got to bring a friend? I must have been dreaming. I pinched myself, but all it did was leave a little red mark. Ok, so I guess i wasn't dreaming. I rushed up to my room to check my calendar. Ok, so the tour was next Wednesday and ended in 2 weeks. This meant I would miss a horseback riding competition next Saturday, and the science fair on Sunday. I didn't really give a care! I still couldn't get over the fact that my parents would do such a nice thing for me. I decided I would ask Taylor first since we've known each other longer. She was more of a "Malik" kind of girl, but we would have a blast. I thought I would FaceTime her since I swear she never answers her phone unless its Meghan calling/texting. Surprisingly she picked up.

"Hey Tay, How was your Christmas?"

"Great! You won't believe what I got!"

"Um, lemme guess, 1D merch?"

"Yep! CARDBOARD CUTOUT OF ZAYN BABY!"

"I think mines got you beat sweetie"

"No way, did you get the deluxe album with 5 new songs?"

"Better"

"What could be better than that?"

"We'll let me just tell you that you'd better free your schedule for the next 2 weeks!"

"You know I'm only allowed one sleepover in a row. I told you that. Now get to the presents!"

"That wasn't what I was going to tell you! I was going to say that, Tay, LOOK!!!"

I held up the tickets and the backstage passes to the camera and she laughed. Oh so she thinks I'm kidding? I told her the whole morning of happenings and how my mom pulled out the camera and how they all have me creepy stares and how I screamed and almost died and, I think you get the point. She finally believed me, then put her mom on the camera for me to tell her the news. After agreeing she could go, we hung up and i began to pack..