Getting Ready

Hades and Maleficent's engagement lasted for less than a year and with the help from Hera and a few close friends, they planned their wedding together. Rhea even insisted on taking on the project herself, but Hera stepped in and told her to back off and leave the wedding planning to her and the couple. For several weeks, Hera basically worked her fingers to the bone to make sure Hades and Maleficent's wedding was perfect and would go as planned. Eight months passed since Maleficent accepted Hades' proposal and after so much hard work and careful planning, the day of the wedding had finally arrived. Everybody was rushing to make sure everything was perfect; this was certain to be a once in an eternity event. After all, it's not every day that two viciously evil villains get married.

While everyone in the Underworld was preparing for the wedding, Maleficent was in her castle getting ready for her big day; she had just gotten out of a hot bath and was sitting in front of her vanity while wearing her purple silk robe. Margalo was standing beside her doing her makeup and styling her hair... even though it was quite difficult to do with the bride's horns in the way.

"Thank you again for agreeing to assist me, Margalo." The Mistress of Evil told her future niece.

"Of course. We are gonna be family now, after all." Margalo replied. "I still can't believe today's the day."

"I know. I'm very excited, but in all honesty, I feel rather uneasy as well."

"It's okay; everyone gets nervous on their wedding day. Just a few butterflies in your stomach, nothing to worry about."

Maleficent raised an eyebrow at the young Goddess; she shrugged in response.

"It's an expression."

She rolled her eyes. "I know what it means, but thank you anyway." She then paused in thought. "Perhaps practicing my speech would help ease these jitters." She cleared her throat as Margalo picked up a comb. "As your bride and Queen of the Underworld, I vow to accept with humili—Ow!" She cried out as she felt something sharp pierce her scalp.

"Oh my gosh, Maleficent! Sorry, sorry! I'm so sorry!" Margalo cried out in fear, hoping the wicked fairy wouldn't set her ablaze.

She stopped herself, then took a deep breath and smiled. "It's alright, Margalo. I know it was an accident. I'm far too happy to be angry." Margalo let out a quiet sigh in relief before she continued gently combing the bride's black hair. Maleficent picked up where she left off. "Now where was I? Ah, yes. I vow to accept with humility, grace, and reverence. I pledge my loyalty to... to... Um, uh..." She stopped as she tried to remember what to say next; she sighed in irritation. "Oh dear, I forget. What was it?"

Just then, the door opened. Maleficent and Margalo turned their heads to see Nyx coming in; she was struggling to carry an enormous bouquet of flowers of all shapes, colors, and sizes while Dementia was following her. The little imp quickly closed the door.

"To the Forbidden..." Nyx chimed in.

Maleficent smiled and perked up; that was what she needed to remember. "Oh yes! Yes, yes! That's it." She turned back to the mirror. "To the Forbidden Mountain and the Underworld." She proudly grinned at her reflection.

Margalo beamed. "You so got this!"

Maleficent chuckled and smirked at the girl. "Simplicity in itself."

As Nyx maneuvered further into the room, she tried her very best to keep her balance while still carrying the ridiculously heavy bouquet. This was quite the difficult task, especially since she couldn't see anything. After a few moments, she finally couldn't take it anymore and she fell to the floor with a thud and the flowers laying on top of her. Maleficent, Dementia, and Margalo stared at her with wide eyes.