ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ

Why is it that a place that felt so somber so alluring? Perhaps the beauty of the cemetery compensated for the bitterness of death, Flora thought as she admired the immaculate lawn and the pure white marble tombstones.

The trees surrounding the place and the colorful roses of the flower beds sang a different melody than the other plants of the village; anguish mixed with melancholy traveled to the young woman's ears. The tragic song that only she could hear followed her as she walked through the stone path, with a bouquet of yellow tulips in her hand.

Buried between her responsibilities as a member of the Protectors and her job, she hadn't had time to visit her friend. Or maybe a part of her kept delaying this moment.

As the rest of the fallen during the eclipse, Zygmunt had been transferred to the cemetery once the place was reconstructed, and Flora still didn't know his grave.

Clio, who had been there before, pointed her in the direction and decided to stay by the car to give her privacy. It didn't take her much work to find it, especially because of the pot full of tulips next to it. A man was kneeling to its right, cleaning up the vessel, the dark green pants and shirt indicating that he was an employee. He must have noticed her presence because he got on his feet and turned around to greet her.

"First time visiting?" He asked as he wiped his dirty hands on his pants.

Flora looked him in the eyes and searched for any sign of hostility, she didn't find anything.

"Sorry if I'm being nosy," the man continued. "I'm just curious, and sometimes I like to have someone to talk to, the dead aren't exactly talkative."

"I think it's for the best that they don't talk. Yes, it's my first time visiting him, but I'm afraid that I'm familiar with this place."

"I'm sorry for your loss.  It's sad to see new faces around here, and lately, I'm meeting a lot of new people. I'll leave you alone," he said before taking some steps away. "I have plenty of work to do."

"Thanks for taking care of him, and for the flowers."

"Oh, I didn't bring the flowers, I was cleaning the pot. A young man brought them yesterday."

"A young man?"

"Yeah, a tall one, redhead and he had a nose piercing. Maybe you know him."

"I do, he's a good friend." A smile formed on Flora's face, she never would have guessed that Noah would remember Zygmunt's favorite flowers.

"I'll get going now, have a nice day."

The worker walked away before the blonde had the chance to answer, she saw him stop in front of another tombstone to clean it. Flora advanced in the direction of the pot, forcing a smile on her face.

"I brought you flowers," she began, adding her tulips next to Noah's. "I'm sorry for not coming sooner, things are overwhelming for everyone, you should see all the villagers running to fix the buildings or trying to reinforce their security. Do you remember when everyone would go out at night or when the neighbors you didn't know invited you to their houses? Well, it doesn't happen anymore, they see anyone as a possible enemy. Enough with the bad vibes, I have good news, you're gonna love this. Agatha convinced her manager and after your service for the village they added your photo along with the other library managers, now everyone who goes to the library will see you there. Isn't it great? You're no longer being hidden, people will remember you. I miss you."

Flora's cell phone vibrated inside her Jean's pocket, indicating the arrival of a message. Clio was letting her know that the time of their watch had come.