ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ: ʟᴏʀᴄᴀɴ

"We suck at this," said Flora, sinking into the chair. "I thought the interrogations were easier. Clio is the only decent one, at least she knows how to look mean."

Lorcan finished drinking his tea and set the cup down on the round table. "I don't care too much what that demon has to say." He got up from his seat and walked over to the window that led into the next room. "The only thing that matters is drawing Zagar to us."

"Yeah, and then what?" Flora asked. "We fight against him and kill him? How is that going to help us get to Agatha?"

"This time I think she's right," Demir joined the conversation. "We have a better chance of this demon giving us Agatha's location than Zagar will. It never hurts to have a contingency plan."

The room fell silent, contrasting with Lorcan's noisy mind. He couldn't take his eyes off the demon on the other side of the window. Even though his body was chained to a chair, he looked like he was comfortable. No matter how many questions they asked, he always answered with a joke or said nonsense, it was clear that he had no plans to give them the information they were looking for anytime soon.

"How do you scare off a monster?" He asked more for himself than for his two friends.

"I would say get down to his level, he's never going to see us as a threat if we continue to be so compassionate." Flora rested her head on the table and closed her eyes. "I'm too exhausted for that right now."

She was right, the demon must be seeing their threats as false. They could say so many things but if they didn't show him in actions that he was in danger it was useless. Even at that moment while Clio approached him with her knives to appear more intimidating, the demon didn't stop smirking.

Was he willing to cross the line? That was a question that had been running through Lorcan's mind ever since Agatha's disappearance. Before they took her away he avoided being the one to give the last blow, a part of him feared that if he acted like the demons did then he would become one of them. He saw how much crossing the line had affected Momotaro and he didn't want to become the same.

He was terrified that his family and Agatha would see him turn into a monster, but was that his biggest fear?

The image of Agatha invaded his thoughts, he saw her smile when she talked about what she loved and her beautiful look that never failed to leave him speechless.

No, that was not his biggest fear. There was nothing he feared more than never seeing Agatha smile again.

"I'm going in," he announced to his friends and walked to the door that separated him from the demon.

Lorcan was determined, even if that meant that he'll lose himself he'll bring Agatha back to her home.

"You can take a break," he told Clio. "I take care of him."

The young woman brought her face closer to the blue demon and hit him in the stomach. "You'd better start talking before he runs out of patience," she said before walking in the direction of the exit.

Lorcan waited until he heard the door close before taking his first steps toward the prisoner. He didn't get very close, just close enough to see the demon's face clearly.

"You've got an attitude this time, it looks like you're finally getting serious," the man said as he raised his head.

"I know you know who we're talking about when we ask about Agatha. You suck at playing dumb and something tells me Zagar is the type who enjoys bragging about his achievements. So start talking."

The demon laughed. "And what are you going to do to me if I don't tell you what you want? You've already shown me that your threats are pure facade. A couple of punches aren't going to do anything, I've faced much worse situations with Cadoc and Borbala."