eighteen

december 2nd 2021

––––

the past three months have been the same for declan, he'd go to the hospital for a few hours and then go to training and then sleep and that's all he does.

"oh darling, please wake up, i miss your smile, i miss everything, the house is quiet without you there, raffa and maple miss you so much." declan said, holding her hand, tightly and kisses it.

the door opened and bukayo, mason and ben all walked in. bukayo teared up, seeing his best friend hooked up to all of these machines.

"any news?" ben said as he sat down on the seat, leaning his crutches against her bed.

"they said there is a possibility she could wake up next week but i don't know." declan said as mason hugged him.

"she'll be okay." bukayo said and everyone agreed.

––––

sofia heard people speaking, she couldn't quite make out who but then she heard that one voice she loved.

"i love you." declan whispered into her ear.

she felt her eyes flutter awake. the bright lights, make her squint but once she got used to it, she opened them and looked at declan.

"i love you more." sofia said, barely above a whisper but declan stared at her.

"OH MY GOSH, SOFIA, YOUR AWAKE, NURSE, NURSE, NURSE, SHE'S AWAKE!" declan shouted and sofia did a weak smile.

"what a miracle, hello sofia, you may be confused on where you are but on september 9th, you got into a bad car accident, we didn't know when you were going to wake up but your awake now. you had no serious injuries but when you walk, it is expected for you to be in pain but other than that, there's not much to tell you." the nurse said and sofia nodded.

"if you need anything, just click the button." the nurse said, placing the clip board in the compartment and then leaving.

"i'm sorry." sofia whispered as declan looked at her.

"why love." declan said, placing a kiss on her knuckles.

"because i wasn't paying attention, i'm sorry for leaving you for however long." sofia said and declan shook his head.

"don't think about that, think about now, your okay, and your alive."