#1 Host

The last thing she remembered, she's riding a car with her customer and someone was following them. When she heard a loud bang, she immediately felt life left her, taking her to the darkest abyss.

"Am I in hell?" She thought as memories clouded her mind. She saw her life, from being a kid to a young adult who tried to make ends meet.

She saw her mother, then her father and her siblings. As she closed her eyes, it seemed that the image of her family changed. Before her last breath, she heard someone called her "Atchi". Then she blacked out.

Stella once again open her eyes but all she saw was darkness, as if she was sucked by a black hole. The silence is too much to bear. It was quiet, but errie.

"Stella." She heard someone calling her.

"Child. Avenge the Chens. Remember what they did to our family." She felt chills all over her body. Unexplainably, the eerie atmosphere became chaotic. It became bloody, as blurry images became clear, Stella saw pile of bodies and fire.

'Its hot in here.' Stella's shocked eyes roamed around. Women, children, elderly, they were slaughtered. Even livestocks were not spared.

All of the sudden, light shone straight to her eyes, making her blind as her hearing was bombarded with unfamiliar voices and weird accent.

Trying to recover, Stella tried her best to understand what those noises were. As if a cue, the light got sucked up as if it never shone on her face. The noises slowly faded, and all she heared was chirping of the birds outside.

She slowly open her eyes and caught the sight of a wooden four poster bed she's been lying on. The bed was made by a Narra wood, meticulously painted by what it seemed as varnish.

"Where?---" As she begun to wonder where on earth was she, she was interrupted by a young girl by her side.

"Fourth Mis-----"

"Oh my! You startled m-------" Wait.

"Who are you? Where Am I?"

Stella roamed her confused eyes. All the furnitures were made of Narra. She spotted more luxury items not far from her; jade vases, gold statues, and exquisite tapestry. As her confusion grew intense, her head hurt.

"Fourth Miss what is wrong? Doctor! Doctor! Something is wrong with Fourth Miss!"

Only then Stella looked at the girl beside her.

Her clothing. Her hair. What is happening?

She ran towards the garden outside her room, and the breath of morning mist welcomed her. Her damped feet tickled as she felt newly trimmed grass on her heels.

"Fourth Miss don't! You will catch cold again." the little maid hysterically shouted while chasing after Stella.

She did not care. All she want was an answer. Where is she?

Elderly maids ungracefully chase after her and sooner subdued her.

"Such a Mess! Pin your Fourth miss down. It's the new years day and all you can do is bring bad luck to this family."

Stella heard the voice and immediately saw a woman, wearing sparkling red robe. Her hair was tie in a bun, with dangling ornaments moving while she walk. The woman wore exaggerated make up, looking like a desperate hooker.

"Madam Finn." Maids around her bowed down to the woman while Stella just stared at her.

"What are you waiting for? Carry her to her courtyard and have her dressed! The celebration will start an hour from now."

Stella struggled as she tried to get away with the servants holding her.

"Tsk. Really a mess. Chris, take care of her." Madam Finn walked away as her servant came near her. Without further ado, Stella got hit on her nape, and she felt sleepy and passed out.