Chapter Ten

Leanna's POV:

The gang and I decided to walk to the park, and maybe play some football.

We got to the park after five quick minutes of running up and down the streets, and made our way to the grass.

We were going to play football so the teams were; Dallas, Ponyboy, Johnny, and myself, and Darry, Steve, Soda, and Two-bit.

"No fair you've got superdope." Dally whined.

"That's true but you've got meeee." I winked.

"Yeah Leanna, I'm sure you're great at football." He laughed sarcastically.

"I am." I said in a proud sarcastic tone.

We started the game, and about ten minutes in, we were loosing 12 to nothing.

Soon enough, the ball was launched straight into my stomach, right into my stitches.

I fell to the ground in pain while tears flowed out of my eyes.

"Leanna, babe, are you okay?" Asked Dally.

"Leanna oh my god." Said Two-bit.

"Aye bestie you alright?" Steve asked.

"I'm fine." I choked out.

"It just hurts a little."

"Lift up your shirt." Darry commanded.

I did as he said and lifted it up.

"Good they didn't bust open, you sure you're alright?" Said Darry.

I nodded my head yes, hoping that the pain will go away soon.

"Do you think we could go home?" I asked.

"Of course."

Pony went to go get the football, and Dally picked me up bridal style, so I wouldn't have to walk.

"You sure you can carry me Dal?" I asked.

"Of course babe, you're light as a feather."

"Yeah right."

"It's trueee." He said dragging out the "e".

I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder while he carried me back to the Curtis house.

"Hey I think me and Leanna are gonna head back to Buck's." Dally announced once we reached the Curtis house.

"Okay, bye guys." Soda said.

Everyone else mumbled some goodbyes and Dally continued carrying me all the way back to Buck's. I'm surprised his arms didn't fall off.

"Here how bout you lay down and rest a little." Dally said.

"Okay."

I laid down in our bed and stared at the ceiling while Dally went to the bathroom.

"Hey Dal?" I asked.

"Yeah baby?"

"Can you come lay with me?"

"Sure."

He climbed into the bed with me and wrapped his arms around me gently, being careful not to hurt my stitches.

And just like that, we both fell asleep peacefully.