You're not black

It's been 11 months, Carl was being bitchy to the judge so she sentenced him the maximum.

I've been doing all of his drug deals, just like I promised. But I've been really careful

I haven't been able to move on, all I can think about is him. He was my first love.

I write him once a week, he writes back. Sometimes... and it keeps getting shorter and shorter every time. But he seems to be enjoying jail, I guess.

I just finished writing for him, he gets out in 2 weeks.

" Hey baby, I miss you. Life has been pretty boring without you, I miss it with you around. Everyone is doing ok, we all miss you and can't wait to see you. I just wish you would write back more... tell me how everything is going. I'm waiting for you Carl, every fucking day. I'm waiting for you, just like you said. It's been a long 11 months, and these 2 weeks are going to go by really slow. I'll be there when they let you out, and I'll be exited to see you. I hope you're excited to see me. Anyways. I love you, forever.
Xoxo, Mya"

I put my pen down and go over to the Gallaghers.

Me and Ian have become very close over the past 11 months, he's like a brother I never had, and he's been here for me the whole time.

I walk into the house and see no one down stairs "Ian, you home" I yell and go up to his room.

I walk in and no one is up there. Weird

So I just go back home and watch some TV.

Then I get a text from Ian

Ian🪖💚

Hey Mya, sorry I wasn't home you can come over now tho.
                     Ok, coming now

I put my shoes on and run out the door.

I walk in and see Ian sitting on the couch, and some dude with corn rows in the kitchen, but I can't see his face.

I just blow it off and go sit next to Ian, "who's the dude with the braids" I say and laugh, "why do you go and take a look for your self" Ian says and smiles

I get up confused and walk into the kitchen, I tap the guy on the shoulder and he turns around

Carl.

"What!" I say and jump into his arms, "I fucking missed you" I say and he squeezes me.

"I missed you too lil mamma" he say and I pull away.

"Lil what?" I say and laugh, I give him a long kiss and hug him again. "I love you" I says "love you too" he says and pulls me to sit on the couch

"What's with the umm.. corn rows" I say and giggle as he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm embracing my natural colors, you feel me?" he says

"Carl, you're not black" I say and chuckle

"Yo Fi, can I have a friend over" Carl says and stands up

"Uh, yea sure" she says and smiles at him.

"Love you, I gotta bounce" he says and kisses me

What the fuck is up with him?