Chapter 3: Performing with a Flair

For most of the day before and leading up to the show, Mitsuki was practicing very hard. She and Blaze were dedicated to their catwalk practice, but Mitsuki only practiced when she was sure she was alone. Gladion caught her once, and she slipped and fell onto her knees. She looked a bit like an Anime Girl. He didn't quite understand why she blushed and scampered off at the sight of him.

The evening before the show, Mitsuki decided to do one final practice, only this time in the dress. She'd been practicing in the shoes to break them in, and the petticoats over her shorts, but she'd never practiced with the dress. It felt right, but the more she looked at the front of the dress--though lovely in itself--something seemed off to her.

She made sure she was alone, in an empty hallway outside their room, before walking to the end of it. She whispered to Blaze, "Give it your best shot. Let's not practice the move, just the walk, okay? You're doing great!"

Blaze chirped, "Kin~!" before positioning herself slightly in front of Mitsuki.

A few seconds before Mitsuki started the first count, she heard a sound behind her.

She turned...

Chloe, was the one word that echoed in Mitsuki's mind as she turned to face Chloe and her entourage.

"Well~ Look who's trying to strut her stuff.... Too bad you don't even have anything to strut! Ahahahaha~!"

"What do you want, Chloe?" Mitsuki asked, trying to stand tall. "It's not like you could do any better; never have I ever seen you practice anything yourself!"

"I've had years more practice for fashion shows than you."

"Perhaps, but we're not the stars of the show. Your little Fennekin has been so spoiled he doesn't even have any battle experience, let alone any catwalk practice," Mitsuki shot back.

What Chloe did in retaliation was beyond Mitsuki's comprehension.

She reached over, starting at Mitsuki's face, but she then reached for the skirt and ripped the front panel all the way up the center!

"*Gasp!*"

"Hahaha! We'll see if all your practice pays off." She and her entourage shoved past Mitsuki, Chloe's night-sky-patterned pink dress sparkling in the rich lighting of the hallway. She knew where they were headed, and she knew she couldn't go there. Not looking like this.

Blaze was too stunned to even squeak, but ultimately disgusted with Chloe's Fennekin's attitude and flirty expressions.

Mitsuki sank down against the wall. She was both heartbroken and shocked. This was the furthest Chloe had pushed her bullying. Tears were pricking at her eyes, and her mind had gone blank. Blaze hopped into her trainer's lap, trying to comfort Mitsuki and dry her tear-filled blue-green eyes.

Her eyes rested upon Mitsuki's turquoise bookbag, and her fiery red eyes lit up with an idea.

Meanwhile, Gladion was skillfully carving a small circle of wood with a small knife. Woodcarving and resin-work was a hobby of his, so he'd enlisted Lillie to help him create a small artistic flair for Mitsuki's outfit. The door opened, followed by Chloe's cackling.

"I sure showed that little bitch who's in charge here. Pokémon or not, I'll always come out on top!"

"That's what she gets for stealing the best dress from my girlfriend!"

"*Nervous laughter* eh-heheh...You sure did, Chloe..."

Silvally, Lycanroc, Zoroark, Lucario, and Umbreon all looked at Chloe and her entourage.