P R O L O G U E

Another day passed by. It was after working hours when Luchie decided to pay Addie a surprise visit in her Malacañang office. As they were known to be nemesis in the political realm, Luchie had to sneak in the palace without much people noticing. Only a few PSGs and Addie's secretary was informed of her arrival on the grounds, making her arrival discreet and only known to a few.

Soon as she reached Addie's office, she locked the door and headed straight towards the woman she was longing for. They shared a soft but passionate kiss. Once they parted, it was business as usual. Luchie unlocked the door and they sat across from each other with Addie's table between them.

"I am getting sick and tired of this charade, pangga. I want us to have this privately but never in secret. I am getting tired of being introduced as your nemesis. I am getting tired of hearing you say na wala kang karelasyon. It hurts me every time the media pits us against each other. Nasasaktan ako when I throw insults against you at nasasaktan din ako when you throw jabs at me. Alam ko trabaho lang pero masakit, ga. Gusto lang kita mahalin. Nakakapagod 'yung gan'to," Addie cried as she buried her face on the palm of her hands.

"Alam ko naman, ga. Kaya lang, gan'to talaga ang mundong ginagalawan natin. Hindi tayo malaya sa mga pambabatikos ng mga tao. Hindi tayo malaya in general. You know that we can't just share this with the public. You've just won the presidency. Please don't cry. I promise you, nandito lang ako. Susuportahan kita. Walang magbabago. Pero h'wag muna nating isapubliko kung anong meron tayo. Para na rin sa ikapapanatag ng loob natin pare-pareho. I promise you, may tamang panahon at pagkakataon. When that time comes, ako pa mismo magpapapresscon for us to announce to the world na magkarelasyon tayo," Luchie replied as she reached out for Addie's hand.

"You can promise me even pa the world, 'ga pero hindi magbabago 'tong nararamdaman ko because napapagod na ako," Addie said as she retracted her hand from Luchie, "Lucianne, pakiramdam ko hindi ako sapat. Naiintindihan kong pinoprotektahan mo lang din naman ako. But you even deny to the media na may karelasyon ka. Why do I have to be a secret you keep? It is exhausting and I am so tired. Napapagod na ako to be denied. Is it so hard to say na you are committed already?"

"Say that I am committed already para ano? Para gamitin iyon ng media against me when I have already stated na never na ulit akong papasok sa isang relasyon? Although, let's focus on the other fact siguro na you keep telling me na napapagod ka na. So, anong gusto mong mangyari?" Luchie closed her eyes. She was getting irritated by the situation. Tears started to stream down her face. To begin with, she's getting a bit impatient that Addie's acting the way she is and at the very least, it stung because she thought it was a fight worth fighting for. Perhaps, a fight to hang unto but maybe she thought wrong. It's like trying to explain to a child. Addie just won't get the point.

Before Addie could even answer, they heard knocks on the door, "mama... dinner's ready. Kuya Iñigo, Ate Ivy and Irah are waiting. Well, ako rin po and medyo gutom na po kami plus we still have school works to attend to. Hindi lang po kami kakain ng hindi tayo sabay-sabay because we barely see you."

Addie cleared her throat before she spoke, "Copy, anak. We —I'll be there shortly, tell your siblings. Salamat, Issa."

"Okay, mama. You're welcome," Issa replied before she left, not giving second thoughts about her mother's slip of the tongue.

"H-hindi na ako rito magdidinner. Makakaabala pa saka nand'yan ang mga bata. Mauna na ako," Luchie said as she stood up and started gathering her belongings.

"Gusto kitang ipakilala sa mga bata. If ayaw mong ipublicize kung anong meron tayo then kahit sa mga bata maging honest tayo."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Gusto kitang ipakilala as my partner. Please, ga. Kahit man lang sa kanila. Please?"

"H'wag muna siguro ngayon, Addie. This is not the time. I'm sorry," Luchie replied as she headed towards the door.

"Lucianne, pag lumabas ka ng pintong 'yan na hindi ako pinagbibigyan sa gusto ko... we might as well end all of this. Gusto kitang ipakilala sa mga anak ko. Kung pati iyon ipagkakait mo sa akin then tapusin na natin 'to."

Luchie inhaled deeply as she held the door knob. With her back still turned from Addie she spoke as calmly as she could, "Adrianne, mahal kita. Pero hindi ko isusugal 'yung katahimikan na meron tayo ngayon para sa gusto mo kahit pa mga anak mo sila. Hindi ko isusugal 'yung peace of mind na meron ako ngayon dahil hindi mo alam kung sino pang ibang makakarinig once magsabi tayo sa kanila. Nothing will be under any of our control kapag may ibang nakaalam na ng tungkol sa atin. Our political lives are already chaotic as is. The only thing I am holding on to right now na payapa is yung buhay ko bilang isang ina at yung buhay ko na kasama ka. If you want to end this because I chose to prioritize my mental well-being over making our relationship public then just know na mahal na mahal kita and whatever I am standing for, I stood by it not only for my own good but also for yours, Ms. President. Now, have a good evening and a great dinner with your children. I'll go ahead."

With that, Lucianne opened the door and exited the Presidential office leaving Adrianne dumbfounded.

Lucianne rushed towards the hallway she was escorted through earlier in the evening to head straight to the parking. When she got in her car, all her emotions poured out. She could even barely catch a breath in between sobs.

Why was it so hard for Addie to look at the bigger picture?

Why was it so hard for Addie to consider the whole situation and not just think about how she feels?

Was it so hard to understand that their peace was more valuable than the whole world knowing they were dating each other?

Why can't Addie understand that it would be detrimental for both their careers once the media and the mass figures out what the real score between them is? Addie just won the presidency and they were pitted against each other, them outting themselves would seem as if they have planned the whole thing all along. No losses.

As Luchie contemplated all these, her phone pinged with an unknown number's text message: LQ with the newly elected President, Attorney Garcia? Saw you came out of the Malacañang wing where her office was closely situated. If I were you, I'd take more caution. Ingat ka.