(Ch 3) Confusion is nothing new

"Hi ma," Fiore welcomed her mother as soon as the latter entered the condo.

Fiore's the only daughter who's left living with Luchie. Her other three daughters are already professionals and are living overseas, her eldest being already married. On the other hand, Fiore is still in college. She is a political science student as she intends to take up law and aspires to be like her mother.

"Hi Fiore, anak. How are you?" she greeted her daughter back with a kiss on the temple.

"Okay naman po, ma. Medyo busy lang with schoolworks pero I baked macarons for dessert, ma. Nakaluto na rin po si manang Aida ng dinner natin. Ikaw po ba, ma? Kumusta po naging lakad mo?"

"I finally saw her," Luchie said with a sad smile, "from afar of course. I think may bago na eh. There's this kid. His name is Arlo. He looks exactly like her but somehow he looks familiar din. Hindi ko lang alam kung bakit. Mabait naman 'yung bata. He seems to be about three or four. Napakabibo. Napakarami n'yang tanong and of course I answered them all."

"Are you okay, ma?" Fiore cautiously asked her mother.

"I intend to still go back there, anak. I mean... it has been a sanctuary for me. Doon ko nakukuha ang peace and quiet na kailangan ko para makapag-isip ng maayos. Wala naman sigurong mali with that decision, di ba?"

"You do whatever makes you happy, ma. Nandito lang naman po ako to support you in whatever endeavour you please to do. And I am sure ganoon din po ang mga ates ko," Fiore smiled at her, "halika na po, ma. Kain na po tayo."

Luchie wrapped her arm around Fiore's shoulder, giving the latter a side hug, "thank you, anak."

"Always welcome, ma."

The next day, Luchie went back to the secret garden, in hopes that she will come across Arlo once again. She barely goes to the secret garden on consecutive days as it takes three hours to get there from the condo, but she just couldn't wait for the next following days or weeks. She's also got questions for Arlo and the anticipation is killing her. Hence, she decided to come back straight away and time definitely didn't fail her.

When she arrived at the secret garden, Arlo was sitting by the pond. He may be a tiny tot but he looked like he's deep in thoughts.

"Penny for your thoughts, little sir?" she gently said as she walked towards the kid.

"Oh my dash! VP... VP, you're here! Oh my dash!" Arlo excitedly hugged her. Luchie can't help but smile. She decided to pick the kid up. Luchie carried Arlo before she sat on the bench near the pond. Arlo was then sat on her lap.

"VP, thank you for coming po. The pond granted my wish. Sabi ko po kasi sa pond sana pupunta ulit si VP Garcia para hindi na sad si baby Arlo," Arlo pouted.

"Bakit naman sad si baby Arlo?" she curiously asked the kid.

"Yesterday po kasi after you left, I went upstairs to my yaya to go ligo then we had family lunch. My ate Ivy asked me to go to the patio with my yaya while having lunch because they had to talk po about adult things baby Arlo can't listen to. But then baby Arlo's still hungry so yaya and I went back po inside but I heard my mommy, tata Pi and ates and kuya talking about my other mommy."

"Other mommy?" Luchie asked, a bit confused, "Arlo, maybe you mean, your daddy? Right?"

Arlo shook his head and before he could even say a word, Luchie heard a familiar voice calling out for Arlo.

"Arlo, anak. Are you here?" the lady called out.

"Mommy ko po ata 'yun," Arlo said as he hopped off Luchie's lap, "opo mommy. Dito po ako."

The lady then appeared and walked towards them before she came to her senses.

"Oh, y-you're here. Hi," Drey awkwardly greeted Luchie.

"Hi Adrianne," Luchie greeted her back, "anak mo pala si Arlo?"

Arlo's forehead creased, at the back of his mind he thought, kilala ni VP Garcia si mommy ko? Hmmm...

"A-ah, yeah. His name is Archer Lorenzo kaya Arlo nickname niya," Drey said without making eye contact as she picked Arlo up and carried him.

"Mommy, invite mo na po si VP Garcia for lunch. Sige na, please?" Arlo half-whispered, "baby Arlo really wants VP Garcia to meet tata Pi."

Drey smiled at Luchie, "Arlo really wants you to have lunch with us sa villa. Kahapon n'ya pa 'yan paulit-ulit at walang hintong sinasabi sa amin nina tata Pi n'ya. He adores you a lot, so I'm hoping na you can make time for lunch. At saka, nagluto naman din ng enough sina Pia at Rwin, you might as well really join us."

"I-if that's okay with you, Addie. I'm fine with it too."

"Matagal na panahon na since someone called me Addie, VP Garcia. It's Drey now."

"Oh, okay. Uhmm, Drey. Pasensya ka na. This is kinda awkward. It's been a while," Luchie said as they walked and talked at the same time. Arlo was already half-asleep in Drey's arms as they walked, "akin na si Arlo, mabigat."

"Lucianne, it's fine. Kaya ko si Arlo. It's been five years. Umaano ka rito? Why do you keep coming back?" Drey asked Luchie in hushed tones as they stopped in front of the villa.

"Adrianne, yung secret garden na lang kasi yung lugar na pwede kong puntahan na pakiramdam ko tama pa rin lahat. Yung peace at clarity na meron ako nu'ng mga panahong kasama pa kita, du'n ko lang natatagpuan," Luchie said with utmost sincerity, "mahal pa rin kita—"

"Ate Luchie!!!" Pia exclaimed as she saw Luchie, giving the latter a tight hug, "na-miss kita. Oh my goodness! Kumusta ka na?"