Questions...?

Who are Drey Herrera and Luchie Garcia?

Drey Herrera is the newly elected president of the Republic. Her full name is Adrianne Tyler "Addie/Drey" Naval Herrera [formerly Buenavista]. She was the former SP pro tempore of the Republic before winning the recent elections. Drey is a journalist by trade and has been in the political game for more or less 20 years now. She is a widower with four kids namely Iñigo David "Iñigo", Adriana Divine "Ivy", Isabella Tyler "Issa" and Divine Adrianne "Irah".

Luchie Garcia is Drey's defeatee from the race. Her name? Mara Lucianne Salvatorre Garcia [formerly Raymundo]. She was the former VP of the Republic. She is a lawyer by trade and is a newbie in the political realm. Her first role was as a congresswoman which lasted a term before she ran for the VP position after her former husband passed in an untimely fatal plane crash. This tragedy left her as a widower with four daughters — Joanne Mara "Ara", Mara Felize "Raffy", Lucia Joanne "Luan" and Fiorella Therese "Fiore".

What really happened during the recent elections and even before hand?

Luchie was the crowd's darling, always favored by the mass ever since she entered the political world. She has the wits and charm that most of the country has been enamored by. But that's not quite it, since her success as a politician and public figure threatens most of the patriarchal figures in the game, a lot of them chooses to go against her than be in her slate. They loathe the fact that this woman has not even been in the game for long yet the mass is going gaga over her. In short, they were not her biggest fans. Luchie can be defined as one of the most honest and purest politician the country has ever stumbled upon. She's not like any other. All she wants is clean governance that is for the people and with the people at all times. She stands with the mass and has never had her name dragged through the mud with regards to corruption and the sorts.

On the other hand, Drey Herrera has been in the political game for quite some time now and has an array of achievements far too long to enlist. She has been the crowd's darling before Luchie came into picture. She's a strong persona that has been famed for standing for women's and children's rights. Drey, like Luchie, only wants good governance for the country. The only difference between them? Drey would play the game -- WHATEVER it takes.

Since the battle now rests upon the crowd's favor, the gentlemen of the political world decided to put Drey up for the challenge. In their defense, at least this woman has worked with them for a while and she will do whatever it takes to win the elections. This would also mean that they would appear to have an upper hand since Drey has been with them and would grant them favors much quicker than Luchie would. It is on record that Luchie has always gone against the grain and would always advocate for good governance in whatever circumstances. It is always an honest transaction with Luchie, always transparent with no exemptions. While with Drey, it's always a fair game. She will consider all possible options and isn't scared to get her hands a bit muddy for the sake of her political affiliations. She may advocate for clean governance but she has her reservations when it comes to the things she agrees or disagrees with.

On another layer of the story, Drey and Luchie's friendship has rooted from the early 2000's. They knew each other even before they were both widowers and have always taken a liking for each other. They were never not friends but no one knew about this friendship. Ever since Luchie entered the political game, she has always been pitted against Drey. Most critics think that it is woman against woman when it came to Luchie and Drey. They would always take opposing sides of the poll and would even throw political jabs at each other. Behind closed doors, only people who were closest to them knew that they were good friends. Their kids knew of each other and has almost grown up together, especially during the times when they've lost their fathers. It's as if they are all siblings from different mothers and fathers, but siblings nonetheless.

The development of Drey and Luchie's romance began in the midst of the recent elections. It was a now or never kind of thing when Luchie decided to admit her feelings for Drey. Drey, on the other hand, feeling the same way for Luchie has succumbed to her emotions and decided to let Luchie in her life, and in her heart. With both parties knowing the repercussions of their actions they've decided to continue their relationship, albeit, in secret. In saying this, they've also continued posing as political nemesis.