𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 - incident

While in the car, Y/n realized that she almost forgot her wallet

While in the car, Y/n realized that she almost forgot her wallet. She opened the car door quickly and ran as fast as possible into her house to get it. 

Maybe if she didn't forget to pack her wallet, things would've had a different outcome. 

It was the weekend, and it was the day of the trip. Y/n and her father went downtown for two nights, and they couldn't wait. They've been planning this trip for a while. 

Music was blasting while the two sang and danced in their seats. While approaching the highway, her father turned down the music to focus Y/n sighed and stared out the window. Cars were filling the roads. They were honking loudly. People yelled at each other, poking out their windows and waving their hands. 

Y/n has not been downtown in two years which was why the trip was so highly anticipated.

"The traffic is horrible," her dad mentions. Y/n nods her head, agreeing. The vehicles slowly moved forward, and within a few minutes, they were finally moving again.

Y/n and her father were excitedly discussing their trip as they drove down the road. Suddenly, they heard a familiar favorite song on the radio. 

"Heroes!" the two exclaimed. They considered 'Heroes' by David Bowie as 'their song'. Y/n's father would always play the song in the car. 

Her father grabs his water bottle and uses it as a mic as he sings along. She laughs at him while singing the song with him. 

Unfortunately, her father was too distracted. Y/n turned to the side and realized a truck charged at them; it was too late. 

-

Y/n awakens from unconsciousness. Everything she saw was distorted. She recognized blue and red lights, which she assumed were police officers. Her head was throbbing in pain, and it took her a minute to realize that she was upside down. She brings her hands over her head. 

She glances at her father. His face was covered in blood, and a piece of glass stuck out of his side. Y/n couldn't process everything that was going on. Everything seemed fuzzy.  

All she could hear was constant ringing, and she saw a crowd outside the shattered window. Y/n's head was so painful, but she didn't know why. 

Y/n unsteadily brings her hand to her aching head, and she felt a sticky warm liquid gushing out of her head. Bringing her hand towards her face, she notices bright red on her fingertips. It was blood. 

That was the moment when she panicked. She reaches down and attempts to unbuckle herself, but she fails to do so. She notices a shadow coming up, and her breathing starts to get faster. Her eyes get heavy, and she passes out.

-

Y/n opens her eyes and gets blinded by the bright white light above her head. The nurse treating her wounds realizes that she's awake, so a nurse rushes out the door to notify a doctor. 

A man in a white lab coat walks in carrying a penlight in his right hand. 

"Where am I?" Y/n groaned. She was in tons of pain, especially in her left arm. She looks down and realizes her arm is all bandaged up. 

"You're in the hospital, Y/n. You're going to be fine," the doctor says nicely. He brings the penlight to check Y/n's eyes.

"Dad? Where is he?" Y/n replies worriedly. 

The doctor places the penlight in his pocket. "He's going to be okay too. He's going to be asleep longer."

Y/n attempts to leave the hospital bed, but the nurse immediately stops her. 

"Y/n, you'll stay for a day or two until your dad wakes up, alright?" The nurse softly says. Y/n nodded, but she had not been paying attention. 

"What happened to me?" she asked.

"You have a bunch of cuts on your body, but we stitched up most of them. Most of them won't scar," the doctor responds. "There is also a horrible gash on your arm as well."

Y/n stares at her hand. It was covered in bandages, but she could see the blood seeping through. 

Just a few hours ago, everything was fine. A lot can change in that amount of time. 

Before the nurse and the doctor left, he turned around. 

"You know, you're fortunate. You could've died."

They then left Y/n alone. Her shaky hands reach for the mirror beside her, and she brings it to her face. There were a bunch of scratches, presumably from the glass shards. Y/n counted three cuts on her face.

She then looks at her injuries. Her hand was the worst one. She moves her hand around and makes sure she can move it. 

Y/n sits in silence for a few moments. She almost died, and she couldn't believe it. 

Her life could've ended. She did nothing interesting in her life. Y/n's life was boring. From now on, she would change it and become the person she's always wanted to be. 

-

A/N:
UPDATED JUNE 2023: guys I'm so sorry wtf was i thinking this was such a bad idea for the book LMFAO??? please forgive the cringe (it's my most popular book) i'm a better writer i wrote this like 7 months ago 😭