𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 - scarred

Y/n woke up with a cold sweat

Y/n woke up with a cold sweat. She just had a dream about the crash. It's been the third night since this happened, but it wasn't odd. 

She walked downstairs to grab a glass of water, wiping the sweat off her forehead with her arms. It was the same nightmare. It was when she woke up after the crash upside down. Y/n took a deep sigh before taking a drink out of the glass. 

The clock read 3 AM. Y/n tried to sleep once again, but she couldn't. Her mind was crowded with different thoughts all at once. 

She tossed and turned most of the night until she finally fell asleep again. 

Once she woke up, she went to the bathroom to get ready. Her gash healed so she could remove the bandage. Unraveling the fabric, her hand revealed a pretty nasty scar. Y/n's eyes widened at how big the spot was. It was disgusting. 

Y/n couldn't help but think about the accident while she was getting ready. There was a wave of guilt that rushed over her. It was her fault that she didn't notice the truck when it crashed. It was her fault that her father was severely injured.

Unfortunately, she only had four hours of sleep, so she went to school exhausted. 

-

"Woah, your hand!" Finney exclaimed. "It looks awesome."

"Yeah, it looks badass," Robin Arellano, Finney's friend, adds. Y/n didn't know him that well, but he seemed alright. 

Y/n only nodded in reply. She was too tired to say anything. "Hey, you okay?" Finney asks worriedly. 

"I'm fine, just tired. You don't have to worry," Y/n mumbled. Finney purses his lips and greets Y/n goodbye before walking to class with Robin. 

-

Y/n's eyes started getting droopy. She was about to fall asleep right there. She lowers her head as her eyelids get heavy and ultimately close. When she was going to doze off, she felt a tap on her shoulder. 

She scoffs, upset that she couldn't fall asleep. Y/n looks down and sees a crumpled piece of notebook paper in the middle of her desk. Glancing around the classroom for the teacher, she secretly opens it.

Grab n Go after school? -Vance

Y/n grins at the note. She looks over at Vance and gives him a thumbs up. He nods, and Y/n turns back to the chalkboard. Maybe it could've been a distraction for her. 

-

In the next class, Vance sat right next to her. The teacher didn't have much to do that day, so she gave the students a free period. Sadly, Finney wasn't in the class, so all she had was Vance to talk to, which wasn't that bad. 

The two were discussing pinball. Y/n tried playing the day before, and she got a better score this time. 

Vance looks down and notices her scar from the accident. She pulled her hand away in embarrassment. She didn't like how the mark on her hand would forever remind her of that day. It was supposed to be a perfect weekend, but it got ruined.

"What's wrong?"

Y/n shakes her head. "Nothing, it's fine."

Vance ignores her and grabs her hand to look at her scar. "It looks badass," he said, just like Robin mentioned earlier. 

"You're lying. It looks weird," Y/n sighs, taking her hand out of Vance's grasp. Vance pauses, trying to think of something. He then gets an idea.

He grabs a pen from Y/n's desk, takes her hand, and draws on it. Y/n sighs, but she lets him do it. After he was finished, Y/n glanced at his drawing. He sketched her scar into a picture of a star.

Y/n chuckles. It was a stupid thing to do, but she admired it anyway. She appreciated his effort to make her feel better, even though it didn't work.

-

A/N:
i hate grammarly sometimes... it bothers me how much premium suggestions i get-
anyway, i hope you guys got some of the references i made...
i hope you enjoyed, have an amazing day :))