𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - unwanted help

It was now after school on a Thursday

It was now after school on a Thursday. Today was Y/n and Vance's first tutoring session. The closer she got to her math teacher's classroom, the more nervous she got. She knew it would be awkward, and Y/n did not want to go through that.  

Y/n arrives at the classroom. She noticed Vance slouching in his seat, but he adjusted his seat when Y/n caught his eye. Mr. Novak looks up and greets Y/n. 

"Y/n, how was your day?" He asks, modifying his glasses. 

She shrugs. "It was okay," she responds. 

The teacher's voice starts to get lower, making sure that Vance wouldn't figure out what he is about to say. 

"So, Vance is failing math horribly, and if he doesn't get his grades up by the end of the term, he won't move up. So, since you're one of my best students, I was wondering if you would help," he explained. 

"Oh, okay," Y/n answers. No one should be surprised that Vance Hopper was failing class. He rarely even attends school anyway. Nevertheless, she still wanted to help, so Y/n agreed to tutor him, even if she was hesitant about it. 

Mr. Novak leaves the two alone, so Y/n sits on the desk next to him. Neither of them spoke for a few moments. Y/n started tapping her fingers on the desk, unsure where to start.

Vance looked uninterested in being tutored, so Y/n chose to speak up.

"Look, I know you don't want to be here, so you can leave if you want," Y/n offers. Vance gives her a strange look.

"Aren't you supposed to tutor me?"

Y/n sighs. "It looks like you don't want to be tutored, so you can go ahead once Mr. Novak leaves the building."

"No, it's fine. You can tutor me, I guess," Vance mutters. 

Y/n squints at him. "You sure? You can leave right now and play pinball," she suggests. 

"My mom would kill me if I failed this grade, so I have no choice, I guess," Vance replies. Y/n glances at him. She didn't expect him to care if he failed or not.

-

"God, this is fucking boring," Vance sighs, scribbling on his textbook with a pen.

"I know, but you gotta answer the question," Y/n utters. She has been tutoring Vance for the past hour, and he's still clueless. Y/n wanted to give up then and there, but she had no choice. 

"Wanna go out and get some snacks?" Vance asked. Y/n stared at Vance. 

He stares at her confused, but his eyes widen once he realizes. "No, not like that!" Vance exclaims. 

"Maybe after you answer a couple of questions," Y/n recommended. Vance sighs and finally tries to answer the equations. 

Y/n sighs in relief. It was about time that Vance finally comprehended how to solve the problems. 

"So, is the answer forty-two?" He asks. 

"Thank God, you finally answered something," Y/n rests her head on her arms. After a minute, she lifts her head and points her finger to a second problem.

-

After twenty minutes, Vance finally answered all the questions.

"Can we go get something to eat now? I'm hungry," Vance complains, sinking into his chair. 

"Fine. Let's go," Y/n gets up from her seat and begins to pack her things. 

A/N:
i split the chapter into two parts so that the second part will be out shortly :)
i have also have been writing ahead, so the chapters will come out faster/when i feel like it ;)
i hope you enjoyed, and have a wonderful day <3