chapter ten

Ran woke up from the sunlight hitting his face that was coming from his window. Still half asleep, he sat on the edge of his bed and took the reading glasses that he only wears in the morning and at night when finishing some work at home.

He then reached for his phone from his nightstand to see if he missed an important message. After a few minutes, he opened the mini-fridge next to his nightstand to get some cold water.

"y/n, what's for break—" Ran choked on his water, coughing a couple of times when he saw you wearing the maid costume he bought, humming while busy preparing the breakfast.

You have your earphones on, playing your favorite song at full volume that's why you didn't hear him. Ran then stared at you from head to toe. Your hair is tied up as it's getting in the way of cooking.

He felt instant heat. Not just in his face but all over his body. "Ah, shit." He whispered when he felt something down there. He quickly went back to his room to take a shower, so he can get the thoughts out of his head.

"Hmm?" You looked back when you felt a presence nearby but see no one. "He's still asleep at this hour?"

"Fuck! Making her wear that maid costume is dangerous." He whispered as he washed his body with cold water. He then closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. As he thought that he was calming down there, your face suddenly flashed in his mind, and that was not an innocent image.

Ran immediately opened his eyes, shook his head a little, and washed his face with cold water, hoping that it would wash away the lewd thoughts.

"Stop getting hard!" He looked down, scolding his thing.

"Finally, finished!" You said and dusted your hand, feeling proud. You then removed the apron and went to Ran's room to knock. You halted when your realized that the door was a bit open.

"Did he forgot to close it?" You whispered as you peeked a little to see if he was still in bed.

"Ran? Breakfast is ready... Do you want milk for your coffee or?" You jolted when the door suddenly opened and saw him, drying his hair like he just got out of shower. He's wearing a plain white shirt and pants that suits him very well.

"Oh! y/n." Ran looked away, covering half of his face with the towel. His ears are getting red, and that weird feeling is starting to build up again.

"I'm here to tell you that—"

"You should change." He said and quickly turned you around. He held your shoulders and gently pushed you towards your room.

"But you told me to wear this while at work."

"I take that back."

"Why? Does it look weird on me?"

No, idiot. You look hot... So hot, and if this goes on I might jump at you, and god knows what I would do to you if I can't control myself.

"Yes."

"Oh."

So he didn't see me cute in this outfit? Why am I expecting something? I am not as pretty as the girls in the bar that they talk to every day. Wait. Why do I feel sad? I shouldn't feel sad. This is work, and Ran doesn't have feelings for me anymore.

You didn't speak until you both reached your room. "That uniform is banned in this house." He paused and shook his head. "No! That costume is banned anywhere, so don't wear it." He added, opening the door and gently pushing you inside. You watched him as he closed the door in your face.

"What is his problem now?"

Ran held his forehead, looking down while his other hand is on his waist. Your facial expression that he saw was a mixture of confusion and disappointment. "For fuck's sake. What am I doing with my life?"