Who came up with bake sales?

I consider myself a good cook, like in the middle? Not a great cook but definitely not a bad one. I used to tease Sakura-chan that the kids liked my cooking better, they've said that before, but recently, I have been humbled ten times over. From the egg that stuck on the ceiling, which by the way the smell is finally gone, to now with this damn bake sale. Who even came up with the concept of bake sales?! Trying to do this bake sale for Shina-chan was the hardest thing I've ever done, and I've been to war. This is ridiculous, I don't know how Sakura-chan does this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dad, can you tell Mom to do this?" I watched my son slap a poster on the kitchen island. I picked it up and got a closer look.

"A bake sale? Since when did they start doing bake sales?"

Shinachiku shrugged and walked over to the fridge. "I've always had to do it since...ever? Mom said she did it one time, I think?"

"Oh really.." Skimming through the poster, I saw the requirements. "Not too big, not too little. A dozen baked goods as a minimum blah blah blah...due October 24th... October...24th..." I looked around for the calendar but couldn't see it, however, I did see my daughter who loved keeping repeating the day's date. She's becoming so smart these days. "Hanami, what day is it today?"

Hanami turned around and thought for a moment before a huge smile plastered onto her face. "It is the two-three day!"

"What?!" These things are due tomorrow, and it's already twelve o'clock! "Shinachiku!" I heard his light footsteps from the hallway.

"Yes, Dad?"

I held up and waved the poster around, "Why didn't you say anything about this bake sale sooner?! Your mother can't do this, she's won't be home til late!"

"Well," he started scratching his head out of nervousness, a trait he got from me. "I...kinda...forgot about it..?' Forgetfulness, another trait he got from me, poor kid. "I just remembered when Teacher said we can use it as a substitution for a test and...I kinda need that? The last test wasn't so...good."

"And what was it?"

"Ah...75/100."

"T-That's a C, you're doing this for a C?! If I got a C for a test I'd be jumping for joy..."

"Come on Dad, please!" he begged. Shinachiku was like his mother, academically gifted. Anything lower than a B would get him so frustrated. Kinda wish he inherited my Academic skills so he wouldn't stress himself out of trivial things like this.

"I.." I looked back at the paper then back at my son and sighed. "Your mother isn't going to be able to do this, but since this seems really important, I'll do it."

Shina ran and hugged my torso. "Thanks, Dad."

"Anything for you." I sighed and hugged him back.

"But, Dad?" He backed off and grabbed the poster to hand it to me. "Do you know how to bake?"