ii. The boy next door

ii. The boy next door | blake

______________

It was a normal Saturday morning. I was smoking in my room as music played on my speaker. Sobrang ingay na halos mabingi ako.

I stood up from my seat and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. My stomach was grumbling because I missed dinner last night. I was too tired, so I went to sleep immediately after coming home.

"Meow," I automatically smiled when my cat suddenly jumped on the table.

"Hungry?" I laughed. She licked her paws and looked at me. "Alright, I'm going to get your milky-milky." I kissed her forehead.

It's really hard to refuse when you have an adorable cat. She's been with me for five years now. My aunt gave him to me when mommy passed away. Marley is my comfort zone, kapag masiyado na akong pagod at umiiyak out of nowhere, si Marley ang nandiyan para damayan ako. I know he wouldn't understand me, but I am so thankful kasi lagi niya akong sinasamahan.

I opened the fridge and got her milk. I poured it into her small bowl.

"There you go."

When she started licking it, I smiled. I was about to drink when I heard a series of knocks from the door.

I arched my brows. Really? Did that person plan to break my door?

I walked towards the door, and when I opened it, my eyes widened. The familiar feeling grew inside my stomach when he looked at me from head to toe. I was about to giggle when he suddenly lifted his eyebrow. That's when I realized that I wasn't wearing my clothes. I'm only wearing a sports bra!

Fuck! Nakakahiya!

Gusto ko na lang kainin ng lupa dahil sa sobrang kahihiyan. Why did I forget to put on my clothes before I opened the door? Stupid!

Really, Blake? Sa harap pa talaga ng crush mo?

I quickly closed the door out of embarrassment. I took the towel that was on the couch and wrapped it around my body. When I opened the door again, I just smiled as if nothing happened.

"I'm sorry-"

He rolled his eyes.

Did he just...

"You're annoying."

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"Sorry?"

"You're not the only one living here, can you please lower the volume of your speaker?"

I blinked. "Ah, sorry. Do you live there?" I pointed to the old house not far from my house. Was the music really that loud that it reached their house?

"Obviously." Then he walked away. I frowned.

Hindi niya ba naintindihan na wala akong balak na istorbohin siya?

After finishing breakfast, I decided to go out for a walk. I just wanted to cool my head and forget about what happened earlier.

But I didn't expect to see him again. He was standing at the gate of his house, staring at me. He seemed curious about why I was walking around. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't.

I turned to him and smiled. "Sorry ulit kanina."

Napatanga ako nang hindi man lang niya ako pinansin. Bumalik siya sa pagdidilig ng mga halaman.

"Okay, guess we're not on good terms," I mumbled to myself as I continued my walk.

Days passed, and I still couldn't get him out of my head. Our encounter was short, but it was enough to make me curious more about him. Who was he? What was his story?