Part Two- refusal

I left my little home(s) yesterday, and I found myself no longer walking in a straight line, but crawling. I brought with me a few granola bars and a few water bottles. It was my last effort at life, I was accepting that if I die here, then that's that. Maybe I'll end up back at home, with brown hair and brown eyes, and a nice tan.

The only other possession I have is a bunch of pink flowers, I've been picking petals off and dropping them behind me for a while, to help people find my body. Maybe I'll end up in a museum. The pink girl who finally gave up was surrounded by flowers. It's romantic, maybe I do want to die, just to be pictured as such.

It's getting harder to move, maybe I should sleep, it is getting dark. I'm on the side of a road, I lean against the outer side of the guard rail, and pass out.

<><><>

VIPER POV

We headed north as a group, rarely deviating from our path to avoid obstacles. Eventually, we find a road, and stick to it, hoping this woman would do the same.

After about two miles, we start to see flower petals. They are strewn about, going forward in a straight line. We were onto her. After another mile, a wrapper for a granola bar. It's good to see that she cares at least a little bit about staying alive. She must've left early in the morning yesterday, this is a lot of travel for a tired girl.

I feel bad for her, she's so young and so confused. I remember being twenty-four, the world seemed so strange, but her world must be far stranger.

Brimstone suggests a break, we all sit in a circle on the side of the road, and talk.

"So we have to discuss what exactly we are going to say to her. She has no idea who we are, she has no idea how abilities work. She's clueless, and I'm assuming she's quite scared." He states.

"I doubt she's expecting anyone to actually come looking for her as well, we have to consider her possibly running away," I add, receiving a few nods.

"I can always slow her down," Sage says, bringing out her slow orb.

"That would have to be the last effort, we don't want to scare her more. We want her to see as an inviting and helpful hand." Brim counters her, Sage nods and replaces her slow orb.

After we have our regrouping session, we note that the sky is turning dark. I'm assuming she's been on the move for a day and a half now, we need to get to her soon. She had to have taken a break, there's a chance we're close.

The flower petals continue, and after a while, we find a crinkled-up water bottle. We have to be close, I need us to be close.

It takes another thirty minutes for Sova's sharp eye to spot her. Shes hunched up on the opposite side of the guard rail, protecting her from cars. There are none around here, but it's a nice touch that she doesn't want to get hit.

"Damn, she was right about that hair," Jett says, noting the long, pale pink hair.

Sage being the most gentle of the group, she moves in while we hold back, ready to make a move when needed. Sage tells us she looks sickly, she's thin and pale. I tell her to be careful, and Brim gives her the go-ahead to wake the girl.

<><><>

SAGE POV

I approach the small woman with haste, so small and nimble. She's wearing a large jacket and sweatpants, I'm sure they are clothes from one of the homes. A wave comes over me, and I feel so proud of this stranger, she made it so far on her own, in a world she had no experience with. I smile gently as I crouch to her level, she's huddled up quite well, but I can tell she is still a rather small woman.