The Walk

I cluelessly followed Norman to where we were going. We were going uptown and it was so different. There wasn't trash everywhere, the streets were clear of drug addicts, and everything smelled clean. It was a nice change.

"You alright Sam Sam? You look lost." He teased.

"I'm fine " I hissed out.

"Awwww can Sam Sam not handle teasing. How cute."

I looked at him shocked. My face is a beat red. Did this man really call me cute? I didn't know how to handle it so I hid my hands behind my face.

"Sammy I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you. Look, we're here!"

He took me down a gravel path that led to a beautiful garden. It was lit with fairy lights. It was, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"Norman, it's beautiful." I gasped

"Not as beautiful as you."

"Wha-"

"Nothing, I misspoke. Come sit."

I sat down next to Norman shyly. I didn't know how to take all of this. I've been friends with Norman basically all of my life. He got me through my eviction as a kid. He always made sure I was taken care of. He worked double shifts when I couldn't. I didn't know how to feel. I slowly felt myself falling in love with the man, but, it didn't feel right. I knew it was wrong and I couldn't tell him how I really felt.

(Sorry for the short chapter, I'm planning new stuff and life's been a pain. Anyways here's some words for you :))) )