Prolouge

𝕹𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌 - 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝕳𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖞 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖑𝖞𝖓 𝕸𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖔𝖓
1:22 ───ㅇ───── 3:22
◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷

Ah , the golden sun has finally begin to set , the once golden and fluffy skies darkening into a greyish hue. It only amplified the beauty of the ruby red and amber autumn leaves that crunched with such satisfaction as you had walked from Publix to your home with bags of candy in hand. Something about today felt so perfect. The nice warm air and the peaceful quiet made shopping much more bearable.

You stopped in front of your mailbox and expected it to be empty but with the side piece raised up , your guess was proven wrong.

You extended your hand to open the mailbox but loud ringing pierced your head , forcing you to remove your hand from the mailbox. You cried out in agony but the pain vanished just as quickly as it had started.

What was that all about ?

You had no clue and assumed it was static shock. You opened the mailbox door regardless and assumed the contents to be taxes or your weekly check.

Yet...it wasn't.

Instead was a elegant black envelope that smelled like pumpkin. The black envelope was decorated with golden glitter bats , with the only words written being " To my best friend "

 The black envelope was decorated with golden glitter bats , with the only words written being " To my best friend "

" Is this a invite ? To where ? "

You opened it and found beautiful cursive written in black pen. It was really impressive.

 It was really impressive

Please...not again....

Author was throwing a party ? You fondly remember your last visit to her mansion. She was rambling on and on about her perfect 16th Halloween and her perfect costume. You felt like it was utter nonsense but nevertheless , you allowed her to ramble. It was nice that she thought of you fondly enough to invite you but you weren't a party person. You just wanted to stay home and pass out candy or head to Barns and Nobles for their beloved fall lattes. Yet...something compelled you to say otherwise. You didn't know why but something about this party made you want to go.

Not again ! Please not again !

Another piercing headache hit you. You gripped the side of your head to ease it and once again it disappeared. You sighed to yourself and walked to your house to sit on the couch. " Maybe...I can stop by and say hi to Author. Though I need to take ibuprofen first "

You went through your room and picked out a costume from your closet. Even though you weren't staying at the party , you did wanna show up in style. You took your medicine and walked to your car , eager to see your friend. The sun was finally out of view and the moon had begin to rise , its darkness blending perfectly with the rest of the nightly sky. Unlike your stereotypical horror night , it was a new moon rather then a full one. The air was cool and the drive to the mansion was the start of another spooky fun adventure.

.
.
.

Beware. Beware the host. Beware the host !