019: Family Luke

⇚♔✵♔⇛

⇚♔✵♔⇛

019: Family Luke
[JUNE]

⇚♔✵♔⇛

THEY WERE THE first campers to return alive to Camp Half-Blood since Luke, so naturally, they were treated like they'd won some contest. According to camp tradition, we wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in our honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where we got to burn the burial shrouds our cabins had made for us in our absence.

Annabeth's shroud was a beautiful-gray silk with embroidered owls. Aurora's shroud was designed by her twin brothers. It was a beautiful green silk, embroiled with grape vines and flowers. Connor's shroud was designed by his cabin. It was also gray and decorated with a caduceus, winged shoes and a winged helmet.

That left her and Percy.

As they didn't have any cabin mates, other cabins agreed to make their shrouds. The Aphrodite cabin had made hers. It was sky blue and embroidered with lightning bolts and eagles.

"Such a shame we can't bury you in it," Connor said. She punched his arm playfully, rolling her eyes.

"Shut up,"

The Ares cabin had volunteered to make Percy's shroud. They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle.

It was kind of fun to watch them burn.

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores, she was surrounded by Connor and his cabin mates, Aurora and her brothers, Annabeth's siblings from Athena, Percy and Grover's satyr buddies, who were admiring the brand new searcher's license he'd received from the Council of Cloven Elders.

The council had called Grover's performance on the quest "Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past."

The only ones not in a party mood were Clarisse and her cabinmates, whose poisonous looks told her they'd never forgive Percy for disgracing their dad.

Even Dionysus's welcome-home speech wasn't enough to dampen her spirits. "Yes, yes, so the little brats didn't get themselves killed and now they'll  have an even bigger head. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday...."

She moved back to the Zeus cabin but she didn't feel as alone anymore. She had her friends to train with during the day. At night, she stared up at her father's statue. It was nice to know that he was watching, listening. He might not know what to make of her but she was proud to be his daughter.