00: Prologue

⇚♔✵♔⇛

⇚♔✵♔⇛

PROLOGUE
[JUNE]

⇚♔✵♔⇛

JUNE HATED BEING alone. She was surrounded by people but it never felt enough. Most people didn't treat her like a normal person. They whispered behind her back. They watched her from afar in awe and in fear. She could feel their eyes as she went about her day through camp. It didn't help that she wasn't supposed to exist.

What had possessed her father to break the oath of the Big Three twice? She wanted to be normal. She tried very hard to be. But her efforts were futile.

And to top it all off she was named June after Hera's Roman counterpart Juno. She was glad she wasn't named Heraklia like her father had intended. She didn't want her name to be so similar to Heracles. She'd met him once. She was not a fan. It was a way to appease Hera she supposed. Naming his second daughter after her. It hadn't worked for Heracles the first time so why would it have worked for her?

Hera was not a fan of her. She didn't expect her to be. She was one of her father's illegitimate children. Hera was notorious for hunting them down and making their lives miserable. She'd sent the cuckoos after them in Los Vegas. She'd sent peacocks after them in Chicago. And the cows after them in New York. Hera didn't bother her much anymore.

Camp life was supposed to be easier. She'd been here two years and the talking never stopped. She didn't have many friends. She had Annabeth and Grover but neither could spend every waking moment with her. Annabeth was an avid reader and when she wasn't training, she'd be found under a tree reading or spending time with the other Athena kids. Grover spent his free time at camp with the satyrs and nymphs. The rest of his time, he was out looking for other half bloods.. The Council of Cloven Elders had never been a fan of Grover. After his "failed" attempt at bringing Thalia to camp, they were especially hard on him. And there was Luke but he hadn't talked to her much since his quest had gone wrong.

She argued with the Council frequently. How dare they say he'd failed? He wasn't a failure. He'd successfully brought three out of the four campers to camp. Sure Thalia had been the one they'd sought out for. But Thalia had willingly sacrificed herself for them. She woke up dreaming of that night frequently.

She hated her cabin. She hated having to sleep in a corner where her father's statue didn't face. She'd requested that the statue be turned to face the door. It had been denied. She'd requested for a bunk and it was yet to arrive. two years of sleeping on the floor. Two years of staring at her father's face.

Life at camp wasn't as miserable as she made it out to be. She did have other friends though she never allowed herself to get too attached to any person. It was better that way.