003: Welcome to Camp

⇚♔✵♔⇛

⇚♔✵♔⇛

003: Welcome to Camp
[JUNE]

⇚♔✵♔⇛

JUNE HAD WAITED at the Big House the three days Percy remained unconscious. She worried the boy wouldn't wake up but was assured by the healer that he would be just fine. Still, they all wondered why he hadn't awoke yet.

He'd woken up a couple times but they were only for brief moments. Annabeth was insistent that this boy would be the one to get her her quest. She'd said this about nearly every camper but June didn't want to ruin her fun. She'd never seen someone take down a monster with their bare hands. The kid had a lot of potential.

During one of the moments he had awoken, Annabeth asked, "What will happen at the summer solstice?"

"What?" the boy managed to croak as she stuffed another spoon of ambrosia into his mouth. Annabeth glanced around nervously, afraid someone might overhear, ""What's going on? What was stolen? We've only got a few weeks!"

"I'm sorry," Percy mumbled, "I don't..."

They were interrupted by a knock on the door. Annabeth shoved another spoon of ambrosia into his mouth before switching shifts with Argus. June stayed put in her corner. No one told her that she had to leave. Not that anyone seemed bothered much by her absence.

When he finally woke up for good, he attempted to reach out and grab the cup of nectar himself. His hands were shaky and he'd nearly dropped it.

"Careful," said Grover, steadying the cup. Grover had insisted on hiding his legs. He was sure the kid would probably think he had imagined everything and had taken it as a precaution. So June had helped him put on his converse which was a lot harder than she thought it would be. He stood leaning against the porch railing, holding the shoe box housing the minotaur's horn under his arm. He looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks but she was glad he had come back in one piece.

His mission had been a success in her eyes though it would be up to the Council of Cloven Elders to come to the real conclusion. It always seemed they had it out for him.

"You saved my life," Grover said. "I... Well, the least I could do ... I went back to the hill. I thought you might want this."

He shoved the shoe box onto Percy's lap. Percy glanced down at it, opening it to see its contents. He seemed to realize that his encounter with the monster hadn't been a dream.

"The minotaur," said Percy, causing a look of unease to flash over Grover's features.

"Urn, Percy, it isn't a good idea-"