004: Want a Hug

004: Want a Hug[CONNOR]

004: Want a Hug
[CONNOR]

CONNOR AND TRAVIS STOLL weren't twins. It was a common mistake made by many of the campers. They were nearly identical. Both had curly brown hair that hung over their blue eyes. They had the crooked smile that all children of Hermes seem to possess. But Travis was slightly taller and he never let Connor forget it.

It was rare for a camper to have a full blood sibling at camp. Most gods never came around a second time. Most of their mortal parents moved on to have mortal offspring. But they insisted that they weren't twins. Travis was a whole year older. When they weren't together it seemed people had trouble telling them apart. Where one brother was the other wouldn't be far behind.

He knew a new camper was on the way. Hermes was the god of travelers and so he would be staying with them until he was claimed. Connor didn't mind. Just another camper he could prank. But he knew that the unclaimed were growing restless. Some just wanted to know that their godly parents were listening. They just wanted to be seen.

Annabeth was camped outside of their cabin, leaning against the wall as she tore through her book. It meant that the new kid was healed and well which was good to hear. Rumors were already being spread about him. How had he managed to kill the minotaur with his bare hands? She perked up when the new kid seemed to be heading their way. June was his tour guide. The kid looked a little lost which was to be expected.

"Cabin eleven," June said, gesturing to the doorway. "Make yourself at home."

He stood at the doorway, fiddling with a box in his hands. When he made no indication of moving, Annabeth looked up from her book.

"Well?" Annabeth prompted. "Go on."

He tripped as he walked into the door. Some of the campers snickered.

"Percy Jackson, meet cabin eleven," June said with a wave of her arm.

"Regular or undetermined?" asked Travis.

June blew a bubble with her gum, "Undetermined."

The campers growned. They were running out of space. It seemed there were more undetermined kids than regular ones. Connor didn't mind.

"Now, now, campers," Luke said, a smile etched on his face as he walked to the front of the cabin. "That's what we're here for. Welcome, Percy. You can have that spot on the floor, right over there."

"This is Luke," Annabeth said, a slight blush on her cheeks. "He's your counselor for now."

"For now?" Percy asked with a frown.