006: A Quest

006: A Quest[JUNE]

006: A Quest
[JUNE]

HER STAY IN the infirmary hadn't been long. She had woken up at around two in the morning, with the searing pain in her side now gone. She had immediately tried to get up.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," said Connor, catching her before she fell. He sat her back down on the bed. "Stabbed with a poisoned knife and you didn't even notice."

She huffed, laying back down. "Poisoned? I'm sure a simple stab would've done the trick."

"A normal person would've asked who did it,"

"Who did it," she asked mockingly.

A girl walked into the infirmary, wringing her hands. June's mind felt foggy. She couldn't place the name. "It was me. I'm sorry,"

June blinked her eyes a couple times. The girl's face became less blurry. She had an eye patch on one eye. Ariadne Nakamura.

"It's fine," June said, waving her hand dismissively. "I'll live."

She shut her eyes and Ariadne took it as a sign to leave. She was glad she did. This felt quite awkward. She didn't want to be in the infirmary and Connor Stoll couldn't seem to leave her alone. She wasn't bothered by him really. The whole world felt like it was spinning. Her side felt like it was on fire.

"So no dessert for a week?" June mused. "That's such a weak punishment for maiming. I say I get to maim her back."

"You won't be doing that anytime soon," Lee said. "You need to rest. It doesn't look like you have in weeks."

"Leave me alone Fletcher," June shrugged. "I'll live."

"I'll check on you in thirty minutes. Then we'll talk about moving you back to your cabin."

Lee fiddled with his clipboard, stepping out of the room. They were alone again. The brief moment of silence was broken by Connor.

"You've been avoiding me," Connor said, placing his hands behind his head.

"The world doesn't revolve around you Stoll," June replied. "I was running strawberry deliveries."

"You only do them once a month," Connor said. "Argus doesn't like passengers."

She pursed her lips together in a thin line and remained silent for a moment.

"I had a dream," she said, finally. "Of a horse and eagle fighting. The eagle kept shouting about something being stolen. Something really important. And the eagle wants that something back by the summer solstice. Which is in 12 days?"