Chapter 1

"The problem is with your wife, Mrs. Shin.... She has a problem with her uterus, which does not allow her to get pregnant.... Emdometriosis is common nowadays, but in this case, it's complicated..." Ryujin felt a sharp prick in her gut, so strong that it even stole her breath.

She turned instantly to see a tear roll down Lia's cheek, and without thinking, she stood up to take her wife in her arms.

"Don't cry, honey... Don't."

The doctor swallowed as he stared at the scene, his brow sweating.

He didn't see a hint of inflection in the woman who had hired him to lie, and she seemed to get into the situation no matter what.

"It's my fault..." Lia sobbed as Ryujin's arms wrapped around her.

It had been a week since they came for all kinds of tests, which the doctor required, among those, sperm count and a complete check-up for Lia.

She felt hurt by the news, but she couldn't hurt her by showing her disappointment openly, besides there had to be another way.

Turning to the doctor, she nodded and thought that this was not the time to make a decision in front of third parties.

"We will contact you at any time."

"Sure, any questions let me know."

Ryujin left the office desperately grabbing Lia and then took her to the car, where their driver was waiting for them.

"To the house..." She ordered as she hurriedly wiped her cheeks "It's okay, Jisu.... Listen to me" Lia watched her carefully "we are not going to give up."

What? Lia mentally shouted, but nodded toward her.

"We can undergo other treatments and consult other doctors, I'll look into it myself" she ruled.

Somehow Lia's jaw trembled, if there was one thing that made Ryujin explode it was lies, hidden things and above all, cheating. She couldn't find out the reality of her thoughts and Lia had fought too hard in life to stay by this woman's side and be her wife today to end it all.

Mrs. Shin to the world and it would stay that way.

"Sure... We'll look," she said at last and then dug into her ribs as she felt Ryujin leave a kiss in her head for consolation.

However, in that silence, her head began to scheme quickly and knowing who her wife was, she only thought of the next step.

"This is getting out of hand..." Somi walked with her very quickly, a few days later, as they entered the clinic where she worked, straight to the consultation, this time of a fertility specialist "at this point, you'll buy off every doctor in the country".

"I will if I have to"

"I told you, there's no way back, Lia.... You should stop, be honest. Don't tell her you lied to her if you don't want to, but don't do any more stupid things."

Lia stopped in her tracks and looked at her carefully as if she wanted to kill her.

"My body is my decision and I don't want children!"

"Then tell her... Then you wouldn't have accepted her conditions..."

Lia's sinister laughter rippled through the hallway.

"Where do you think? Are you stupid? I would accept anything to be next to MY WOMAN.... And don't be a pain in the ass, Somi, don't be a nuisance."

Somi opened her eyes in denial and then followed her on her way.