Chapter 23

Yeji rested her head on Ryujin's chest, while her fingers caressed her abs. The night was too perfect to think about anything, as their bodies warmed up, along with the sound of the flames burning near them in the fireplace.

The chocolate-haired girl was still not out of her trance, she was impressed with what had happened and especially what her body had experienced. Never in her life had she thought of living an experience like this and being taken in such a sublime way and so full of passion, full of a control to do things, in perfect motion just to tear out of her the sounds that even she didn't know and that had come out of her throat over and over again.

She lifted her face towards Ryujin and without a second thought gave hef a kiss on the jaw, in the meantime she looked down and smiled at her.

"I like that" and then Ryujin kissed her mouth passionately. "I would like to stay all my life in this instant. Looking at you, caressing your body and loving you to the end."

Yeji could tell that the feeling no longer fit in her body when Ryujin said those kinds of things to her or when she tried to express her emotions to her. All she wanted was to scream with excitement, to tell all of Korea and the whole world that she was in love with Shin Ryujin... and that she couldn't hide everything she felt for her anymore.

"I don't even want to leave this cabin, but now that I think that at some point we have to leave here, that the days will go on along with all those accusatory looks, it makes me shiver with anxiety.... Because somehow or other, people will always have a lot of bad things to say about us."

"Don't think about that."

"But it's inevitable... We're here happy because it's just the two of us, but once we're in the public eye, things will change"

Ryujin quickly stood up placing her weight on her elbow, and pulled her hair back from Yeji's forehead to caress her cheeks.

"If things are going to change, they're going to be for the better, I told you once and I'll say it again. No one is going to hurt you or our children, you are my family now, even if I have to disappear a person so you don't feel uncomfortable, I'm going to do it without my hand shaking."

Yeji blinked hastily at the threatening way Ryujin uttered the words. Then, releasing the air, she placed her weight on her elbow as well to stand up and look at her, showing her that indeed, her words had frightened her.

"You don't have to say it like that when I talk about people, I don't mean unknown people, because one way or another, people will still talk even if I do good or bad things. But I mean your family, what they will think, my family, they most of all. Because I know them, Ryujin, I know what my dad is like, I know what my mom is like and I'm convinced that they're not going to take this quickly, not lightly."

"You haven't committed a crime, Yeji.... Our relationship officially started after I left home, and from Lia, I won't deny you that we haven't waited long enough to complete our relationship, but.... What can we do? Sacrifice the only real and genuine thing I've ever had in my life, just because someone thinks it's wrong?"

Yeji stroked her arm.

"I know... You're right, nothing can be done to change a person's thinking, I think the longest process I will have in my life, is this situation with my family"

"Everything you did and the fact that you are here is because of them, Yeddeong.... And now that my children have life, and I'm looking forward to them so much, I feel that one can't be so hard even though they have the mistakes of the world on you"

Yeji smiled and looked down to stroke her own belly. The subject of her children was the only thing that stabilized her and made her forget about everything. The feeling she was generating for them was becoming too much of a force, which she still considered abysmal.