Chapter 35

Yeji finished placing the dishes on the table when she stopped in front of it to check that everything was ready.

"Do you think they'll like everything? I've never done anything like this in my life before."

Ryujin hugged her from behind giving her little kisses on her cheeks and neck.

"You don't have to do any of this, there are people here taking care of everything..." Yeji quickly turned to her and denied.

"What's the point of us inviting our families and not doing anything for them? Mom will notice that most things weren't prepared by me."

Ryujin let out a laugh and then grabbed her arms.

"I've never made anything with my hands to invite my family, so no one will notice that we bought practically everything..."

Yeji folded her arms.

"I made some desserts, you can't say we bought everything."

"I mean that in general, Yeddeong.... Don't get mad because if you keep... I'll take you upstairs and spank you a few times."

Yeji laughed blushing because after that accident, Ryujin hadn't left her mischievous side and then she got out of her grip to go to the garden part to check that the decoration they had made for them was ready.

In a few more minutes, everyone started to arrive and by the time Lucy, Seulgi and Hyuyoung entered the house, Yeji caught her breath to greet them with excitement.

"Oh my god, Yeji! Is this your house?" Yeji smiled nodding at her mother's question.

"Yes mom, Ryujin bought it recently, you guys can come over anytime you want..... All the time, and even, Lucy can-"

"No.." Seulgi cut her off. "She can't be at a couple's house, you guys need time alone, besides she's also in school."

And Yeji knew that despite everything, her mother, was still a little wary in their relationship. She also remembered about the new school she wanted to pay for Lucy, but it was a topic she had to touch with them alone.

They all went to the table, while Yeji greeted one by one, as they caressed her belly and talked to their daughters without knowing the news.

The special dinner was served and Yeji from her chair, joined hands with Ryujin, could see how they all laughed and ate the dessert she had prepared for everyone.

Happiness wasn't about a moment, an object or a piece of news, in fact.... Yeji was understanding that it was about the journey.

She blinked rapidly as Ryujin took her hand and intertwined her fingers with hers, urging her to stand up as well.

"Family... We want to tell you the news... The most beautiful news we received one day..." Ryujin paused looking at Yeji as she took a deep breath, in a way, they both remembered everything they had been through. "A day when they wanted to take away this happiness that surpasses us, but today, together with you, we can be thankful for the new opportunity..."

Yeji's throat constricted just remembering those events.

"I know that you are happy for us.... That's why we want to share with you the sex of our babies."

The waiters started handing out the cupcakes Yeji prepared and in a moment everyone started biting into the cupcake so that the cream filling showed pink for everyone.

Ryujin smiled at the shocked face of her family members, but more so when Hyuyoung and Yuna looked ruined with the news, while Su-ji clapped like crazy and came running to Yeji to give her a kiss on the cheek in an exaggerated way.