Chapter 40

Tay

"Jeez dad! I can't believe you let me sleep in this late when I have to return back home to my boyfriends." I say out loud as I descend the stairs, making my way over to him in the kitchen. I could smell breakfast was already served and my stomach starts growing.

I'm feeling completely rested and the fact that it's a Sunday makes my mood quite better because I could spend the whole day with them.

"Watch your steps before you hurt yourself, young man. Why are you like this when it came to food?" Dad says with an amused expression.

"I want to hurry back home." I start digging into the food immediately. He shakes his head in disbelief.

"Dad, it's Tem's birthday in two weeks and Time and I are planning a vacation for three of us. We'll tell him later as a surprise. Time literally agreed to all my ideas and guess what? Tem almost caught the both of us when we were reviewing the details but we were so quick to give him an excuse and he didn't bug us about it." I kept rambling excitedly and dad was looking at me in amusement.

"Take it easy son, you'll choke on your food." He chuckles. "I'm sure Tem will love it."

I nod in response and went back to eating my meal.

Breakfast finished in no time and I quickly grab my keys and said my goodbyes to the old man and I was off.

It's been two days and I missed them so much. Maybe I could make Tem give me a massage? If I ask Time to do it, he is going to devour me before the massage ends but Tem wouldn't do that. I don't mind if he did anything though. I smiled to myself and focused on the road.

"You're here." Time voice echoes suddenly as I enter the house. It kind of startled me and I shot him a playful glare. He had a smile on but something strikes me. His voice and tone sounded horse and it was unlike him. It's not the firm and confident tone I'm used to.

I quickly walk towards him and enveloped him into a hug. His familiar scent making me feel safe all at once. He wraps his arms around me tightly like he was scared I'd disappear. I pull away from the hug, pecking him on the lips.

I noticed his eyes were dark and bloodshot. They were even puffy. The happy vibes I came back with instantly disappears. It was as if he cried. I can see streaks of tears on his cheekbone. What the hell happened?

"Time, what's wrong?" I ask worriedly, a lump suddenly forming in my throat.

He only holds my hand, leading me upstairs without saying a word. We got to our bedroom and he sits me on the bed and plops down beside me. I scoot over and he pulls me into another hug. What is this about? There is despair in his embrace and I didn't like it.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I ask and Time inhales deeply and intensified the hug. It was sending sensations through my body and I would have loved it if it was any other day but I am not enjoying it today.

Suddenly it hit me, I've not seen any sign of Tem, where did he go? Did anything happen to him?

"Where's Tem." I was suddenly beginning to panic. "Is he sick? Tell me something Time!"

"No, no babe, he's not not sick." He whispers in front on my sudden panic, trying to hide the hoarseness on his voice.

I felt relieved he wasn't sick because Tem has gone through so much and I can't imagine him in a hospital bed again.

"If he's not sick or anything then where is he?" I tried to leave his embrace but he wouldn't let me. I am having a bad feeling and this man is trying to not tell me. "Tell me where the hell he is now Time!"