Chapter 27: The three parts of Porsche [+18]

Pete's point of view

I make my way home alone, without Porsche, which couldn't bear Boss Kinn's presence in the room. He ran off, without asking anything, without trying to argue and I think he did well. Now is not the time to try to right your wrongs with Porsche. It's still too early for him and if he wants to do it, he will take the first step towards Boss Kinn.

Porsche wanted to return to our apartment, a real cocoon of security for him. Boss Korn didn't mind him at all and I found myself alone with him and P'Chan. My mission is now to pass on to my best friend all the information he missed as well as give him the new instructions we received regarding our return to the house of Boss Gun and Boss Vegas.

Porsche now has the habit of locking the door, even when he is in the apartment. It's kind of a way to protect yourself from outsiders. I send him a message to warn him of my next arrival in front of our door. As I walk I venture down the hallway of our apartment, I can already see Porsche's head past the frame of our door.

He glares at me. Did he think I was coming with Boss Kinn? Absolutely not. I didn't go to his house to see how he was doing. Should I? I don't know... even though I'm worried about him and his condition, there's still someone who hurt my best friend and I don't think I'm ready to go see him yet, at the risk to say words to him that I don't mean. So let's give it time...

I pick up the pace and arrive near Porsche. I try to make him smile by making him one but it is without success. He seems tense, he grabs my arm and leads me into the apartment and closes the door.

- Porsche...

- I thought you weren't coming back.

He structures me in every detail.

- Porsche...what do you have? Why do you...

- He didn't touch you, did he?
Porsche grabs me by the shoulders and looks at me carefully. I understand what he is thinking and hasten to say:

- Don't worry Porsche. He didn't come back when you left. I...I was alone with P'Chan and Boss Korn. We did the reunion and I came right back here.

Porsche doesn't answer but glares at me. I believe he is not inclined to discussion. Yet we have to discuss. He drags me into the apartment by the arm.

- Make me a coffee. Then we have to go to Boss Tankhun. He expects us for 11 o'clock.

I look at my watch and exclaim:

- It's only 9:30, Porsche. We have the time...

I head to the kitchen to make him his coffee, so as not to argue. I throw several glances at him. He's on his phone.

- Porsche?

He raises his head from his screen and answers me a little curtly:

- What?

- Can I tell you about the meeting? It's quite important...

He sighs irritably and motions for me to speak. I execute immediately:

- Do you remember the case of embezzlement ..; it is a much more serious case that concerns both the minor and major family.

Porsche concentrates and seems to take the subject seriously:

- Several traitors?

- Yes...Hmmm...The one whose name you don't want to be mentioned... asked P'Chan to list the strange behaviors of the staff of the major family and that of the minor family, at Gun, and that by procuring surveillance cameras, thanks to Arm's hacking talent...but this has not yet had any concrete results...