Leaving for L.A.

Beep, beep, beep, beep. "Uuuuuhhhhh, its so eeaarlyyy. Uuuuuuugh nooo, I don't want to get up." I groan as I attempt to turn of the alarm. "Uuuugh" I grumble and promptly fall out of bed. "Ouch!" I yelp and bonk my head on the bedside table, "Ow! Man, five AM and already two injuries, fun, fun, fun."

My mom peeks into the bedroom "You okay? I heard you crashing and burning."

"I was trying to get out of bed and then my bed kicked me out. I think I need a new one.

"Very funny, come on nut case, let's get ready to go into LA."

"Okay, I'm going to get dressed and have breakfast. See you in a minute." I say and lock the door. I decide to wear a gray sweater with jeans and black combat boots, it's what I usually wear. A sweater and jeans. I never have to dress up anyway so that's pretty much all I buy, other than athletic stuff.

I throw my dark blonde hair up into a messy bun and head down the stairs to get breakfast. As I fix my breakfast, Aylin comes down, in her pajamas and her hair a mess.

"Why are you up so early Sienna? And how are you dressed?"

"I have to go to LA."

"Oh yeah, have fun."

"Was that sarcastic?"

"I still haven't decided."

"Ugh, you're ridiculous."

"Thank you, thank you very much. I want bacon and toast for breakfast, what about you?"

"Ummm, sure. Are you making it?"

"No, I was hoping you would."

"I'm kinda busy, just have cereal."

"Fine be like that."

"Geez gal. Calm down."

Aylin's nose wrinkles and she sticks her tongue out at me. I repeat the gesture and pull a bowl out of the top cabinet. "Where is the Captain Crunch?"

"Eww, how could you eat that stuff for breakfast?" Marian says as she gracefully struts down the stairs. "It has so much sugar in it I'm surprised it doesn't kill you instantly."

"Marian, just because you refuse to eat anything that tastes remotely delicious doesn't mean we can't either." Aylin shoots back. She turns to me, "I ate the rest of them for snack yesterday while you were in your room making more mess than even I thought possible. How do you even live in there?"

"I like it. It's easier to find stuff." It really is. I think Aylin always is on me because she's jealous that I have the biggest room. It isn't all a mess. It's only my workbench and desk.

My mom and dad walk down the stairs together. "Alright you all, no fighting at six o'clock in the morning." Mom says as she waltzed into the room with my Dad, "We're leaving in an hour Sienna, do you want to drive?"

"Sure I'll be ready in forty-five."

"Good."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I walk out of the garage thirty minutes later, ready to go. I can drive pretty much anything. We never need to hire anyone to take us places. I have a pilot's license for helicopters and planes but I still can't drive. I like flying better anyway but it's kinda ironic if you think about it.

"Do you know where you're going Sienna?"

"No, I need to check the map and radio the control tower in LA."

"I'm going to get the engine started, what would you rather take?"

"Let's go with the helicopter. I need to look at the plane, last time it was a little funky." I reply.

"Alright darling, I'm going to check on your sisters and I'll meet you on the helipad okay?"

"Fine Mom, do whatever but I'm leaving at 7:30 with or without you."

"That's what you think." She retorts and walks back to the house.

I walk to the hangar, open the door, pull the helicopter out, climb in the driver's seat and my headphones on. My mom climbs in a few minutes later and I start the engine. The blades spin and I pull the throttle up and we lift off.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Sienna, it's going to be a hectic day. Are you going to be okay?"

"I'm fine Mom, I can deal with press people. I've done this before."

"Not like this. These are going to be rapid fire interviews and if you lose your temper you will never hear the end of it, I don't want you to get freaked out."

"Mom, I'll be okay, I'm fifteen. I can handle this." As soon as I say this something flies past the windshield. "What was that?"

"I don't know. It didn't look good though."

I put the copter on auto pilot and hand Mom the headset. "Take over, I'm going to go check it out."

"No, you don't have backup, it's not safe."

"I'll be fine Mom, I can use all of my powers now, remember. I'll be back in a few minutes, just stay on course." I get out of my seat belt and go to open the door as the mystery flier whizzes by. "Be right back!" I tell Mom and jump out of the helicopter.